Great value
By cscott952 on
2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I'm very happy with my Cruze. I have about 13k miles on it, and still feel its a great value. I have driven/owned many types of cars, and I'm still quite impressed with this car for the money. It's my daily driver, and general use car. Since the turbo engine has a broad power band, its very driveable. Its not fast, but responsive enough to make it nice to drive. The engine idles very smoothly too. The cabin is quiet at highway speeds, and the seats are comfortable on long drives. Aside from the armrest, I have not complaints!
Favorite Features
Favorite Features -road manners -quiet -fuel efficient -powerband/engine -interior design and space -trunk size -style -convenience features -power band
Suggested Improvements
The armrest is too short. It slides forward, which is nice, but doesn't lock forward. I've developed a habit of pushing the armrest forward while I drive w/o being aware of it.
By smwavon
on 12/02/13 18:10 PM (PST)

Horrible vehicle. I have had nothing but problems. Car revives up and has problem shifting in automatic. I was able to move to manual one time and noticed that going 35 miles an hour the computer had me in 5th gear when I was in automatic. I almost rear ended a semi because the car lunged forward. Sometimes anti freeze smell leaves the engine and comes into the cabin of the car; I have three small children and it's either smell the anti freeze or freeze in the winter. I have had the car overheat on me and have to shut it off for no reason at all; fluids were all at normal levels. I have had the breaks decide to not work on me and ended up in a middle of an intersection and three months later get a recall regarding my brakes. My car sometimes decide not to start at all found out from the dealership that I have to pay over $100 to have the computer chip updated. If GM actually built a quality product then I wouldn't need to pay for an update. Why can't it be free for how much I am paying a month to drive this POS!!!!!