My 2012 Cruze or a Ford Pinto? The race is close.
By simplmn72 on
2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I wish I had researched the Cruze more. I just got it back from the dealership. A recall, the door seals keep coming lose, bluetooth sucks, air doesn't work right, poor gas mileage, it keeps dying on me, and a message comes up on the comp between the speedo and tach saying my brakes are over heating. Most things they could not repair because they could not reproduce them. I was informed there are no sensors on the car to monitor the temp of the brakes and there isn't even any such thing as a message like that on the car. I told him I was disappointed if they were not educated with the Cruze enough to know about the message. The message happened again on the way home, took a pic, we will see.
Favorite Features
It was the Bluetooth, gas mileage, and the warranty. But I'm not seeing much out of any of those. I took a pic of the message about the brakes over heating and got it to the service guy. He and his "master tech" are still saying there was no such thing, so far nothing more back from them. I'm afraid to drive it now. I have tracked the gas mileage until I'm blue in the face, 28.7 is pretty average. They told me they can do nothing and it is only an estimate. While they had it they gave me a rental 2012 Ford Focus. I got a persistent 37.3 out of it, guess my driving habits aren't to blame. All my issues they told me they had never heard of problems with them, I look online and its all over it.
Suggested Improvements
Along all of the 14 current problems I'm having something that I am disappointed in is the interior. I do not know what kind of plastic the door panels and dash are made of but even finger prints show up on it. I have tried using a cleaner/protectant on the plastic and it just drinks it into the plastic and is like I never put it on. I feel like I own a detail shop trying to keep it clean. Sometimes the auto 6 speed trans acts just like your trying to drive a stick up a steep hill in too high of a gear and sometimes it shifts way too hard. I don't mess with the manual mode, if I wanted to shift I would of bought the standard trans. Unless they fix it the car is yard art right now.