MPG Very Disappointing
By bmg2012 on
2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I purchased this car new for one reason, to get better gas mileage than I was getting which was 25 MPG combined. After a few weeks I am getting only 24.2 MPG combined. Most of my mile are on the highway, not city. This car is supposed to get 30 MPG combined. The dealer keeps telling me to be patient and break it in and the MPG will increase over time. It had better start getting much better MPG or this car is going back of the GM return it for any reason program that ends in September. If you are buying this car for better MPG...don't.
Favorite Features
Nice paint, Onstar.
Suggested Improvements
MPG rating on sticker should be required to be more realistic. XM radio that does not cut out in underpass, even the local AM stations cutout so the antenae must be junk. Limited number of phones the Bluetooth can work with. Volume on radio resets itself to lower volume everytime the engine is shut off. No storage to speak of. Backwards controls for cruise control. Akward view of speedometer as it is behind the wheel.
By bdefalco
on 09/18/12 00:53 AM (PDT)

My wife purchased a 2012 Cruze in August and I drove the car to Bar Harbor Main from the Hudson Valley NY area. We averaged well over 42 mpg on the trip! Plus - it is the Smoothest and QUIETEST car I've ever driven in over 44 years of driving hundreds of different vehicles. This car is Absolutely Amazing - a GRAND SLAM for GM. Any drivers on this thread who are complaining about poor mileage quite simply do NOT know how to drive! You can easily spot these kind of Poor Drivers on the highway - they are the ones who zoom up behind cars in front of them and then mash the brakes. In steady highway traffic - you should NEVER have to step on the brakes - and the cars with the brake lights constantly illuminating in steady traffic are the Poor Drivers who will never get good gas mileage with any car!