Misled by GM
By musiclover1212 on
2012 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I was very excited about my cruze when I first got it, I was deciding between the Altima, Elantra and the Cruze and decided on the Cruze because of the entertainment package and fuel economy. I am meticulous on tracking my mileage and checking it against the computer, and found over a 10 percent difference, for example my last fill up the pump said 12.8 Gallons and my computer said i only used 11.4 Gallons. So when my computer says I averaged 27 MPG, I actually got closer to 24. I also have had a frustrating experience with my Zune not playing when I want it to, and coming on unexpectedly while I am listening to a cd or the radio. I wish I would have gotten the Altima, or Elantra
Favorite Features
It is fun to drive with the turbo and handles well, and one of the features that sold me on the car is the interior room. I am tall and have plenty of head and leg room and no complaints from my rear passengers.
Suggested Improvements
Chevy needs to tell the truth about the gas mileage.
By commuter11
on 10/28/11 13:40 PM (PDT)

Those in car MPG meters commonly differ a little from what you get when figuring from the pump figure. This is partly because of variations in how much gas is pumped in and partly just a limitation of the device. It's not intentional. Also, manufacturers are legally required to quote only the MPG figures derived from the U.S. government's tests, which may or may not match what you get in your particular driving. They will give you a pretty good idea of how a given car compares to another, whether better or worse, but only that. So, there is no "lie" involved in the MPGs, and no guarantee that an Altima or Elantra would have been much different. So . . . relax and enjoy your car. Can't help you with the Zune.

By simul8guy
on 01/03/12 18:12 PM (PST)

Geez, what a crybaby. How about reviewing something about your car instead of the pathetic whining about the gas mileage calculation. Every other reviewer indicates they're more than satisfied with the mileage of this vehicle. Also, nobody gives a crap about whether your Zune works or not in this car, you should have gotten an iPod if you wanted reliability and compatibility....