2012 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Review: Great car with great MPG but i

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Review

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan

Great car with great MPG but if you have manual watch out for cultch problems
By smbaylor on

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My husband and I bought this car on May 31st 2012. We love this car; it gets great gas mileage which was perfect for us with my husband being in the National Guard and has to drive over an hour for every drill weekend and with both of us being full time college students. Saving this much money is gas every month if great.
The one problem we did have with the car is that when I drove the car to Peoria which is an hour and a half from our home it broke down about 10 miles from where I was going. I had the car set on cruse on the highway and all of a sudden the RPM's shot up and the speed started going down quickly. Mind you both my husband and I learned to drive with a manual transmission so

It’s not like we were new to it. Thanks to OnStar the car was towed to a local Chevy dealership. It turns out that the cultch exploded the dealership has never seen anything like it before. It was covered by warranty so we didn’t have to pay to have it repaired. But if you have one of the 2012 cruzes with the ECO Manual tranny watch out for this. It didn’t give us any warning before it happened.

Fix whatever is causing the clutches to just explode with no warning.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review