2012 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Review: Good Value / Decent Mileage

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Review

Good Value / Decent Mileage
By csb4 on

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My '12 Cruze LS gets mileage as advertised. Mileage depends *heavily* on driving style. This weekend I drove the family to Disney and got 40 mpg round trip (EPA = 38 mpg highway). Driving more aggressively, I'd get 34-36 mpg highway. Like any car, numerous factors are at play: More passengers / more gas in tank = lower mpg. Lower temperatures = lower mpg. Air conditioner = lower mpg. More uphill than downhill = lower mpg (I therefore rely more on round trip values). I have even noticed mpg variations depending on the quality of the road. Some of the comments I've read probably don't account for these variables, and the many others, that do affect mpg.

Favorite Features

Unlike previous generations of cars from GM, the latest vehicles I've purchased from GM have had massively improved interiors. The interior "fit and finish" is exemplary.

Suggested Improvements

I can't stand the key fob (not tactile / hard to manipulate the buttons in the dark). The Cruze drifts way too much on the highway ... sometimes I feel like I'm captaining a sailboat. Gas pedal and brake are too close together. I'm guessing some of these issues are a natural byproduct of the car size/type ... but I'm not totally convinced of that.