Don't buy one
By bob483 on
2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
My Chevy Cruze now has about 7000 miles on it and until recently I thought it was a decent car, despite the fact that the gas mileage stats are pretty much exaggerated, the best I have ever got with mine is around 33, 34 miles to the gallon on the highway. So don't buy it for that reason, you can do better. My biggest complaint however, Is the cars terrible lag when you step on the gas when you are already moving. It can definitely be dangerous if you are in a situation where you need immediate acceleration like I was the other day. The car took forever to accelerate. I will get rid of this car soon and certainly would never consider another one.
Favorite Features
I think the car is real sharp, and have had many comments on its looks
Suggested Improvements
Performance needs definite improvement. With the lag in acceleration the car can definitely be dangerous in certain situations. Have not driven a car with such a terrible lag in acceleration since I drove cars with carborators.
By tsprouse56
on 02/04/13 16:26 PM (PST)

Bpb you shuld have the spark plug gaps checked. Many have found bad gap settings resulting in conditions you described. [non-permissible content removed]

By ilikecruze
on 03/16/13 17:01 PM (PDT)

I have a Eco Cruze with the 6spd manual and I have never got anything less than 33mpg in town and on the highway 45mpg (200 mile trip cruise set at 68mph) I figured my mileage from actual miles not the mpg meter on the car. Mine has not been back to the dealer yet. I have had it for a year I have 11,000 on mine. Happy so far.