Don't buy for the gas mileage
By chick_poo on
2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
The car is easy to drive and that is where it stops. The gas mileage is not what the advertised sticker states regardless. I drive all highway, posted speed limit, don't use the cruise, and I get an average of 28 mpg. I have tracked the miles - both trip and odometer, date of fill up, cost, and location and I have never gotten near where GM posted the gas mileage to achieve. I have contacted the dealer and GM and was told that the sticker numbers are only an estimate. Combined I was told I should get 30 and I am getting close with 28. I am barely getting city (26) and I never drive in the city - I don't even live near a city. I am 300 miles a week all highway driving. Don't buy!!
Favorite Features
Large trunk. Radio. Ability to track mileage easily.
Suggested Improvements
Don't put the best case for gas mileage on the sticker. Use real people real life numbers. Light in the ignition switch. Better blue tooth. I would like to be able to use my phone in the car with out selecting my contact on my phone first. Phone is connected to blue tooth but will not call from my phone's phone book. Improve location of door locks. Need a truck release from inside of car.
By luvmy2012cruze
on 06/26/12 09:40 AM (PDT)

I get amazing gas mileage in mine, most of the time more than estimated. When it comes to the Gas Mileage posted on the sticker on the car, it even states this is an estimation based on how you drive, vehicle maintenance, tire pressure, etc. A lot of items factor in to your mileage, ie, how fast you accelerate, stop and go traffic, ac use, windows down, if tire pressure is correct, etc.

By bdefalco
on 09/18/12 00:46 AM (PDT)

My wife purchased a 2012 Cruze in August and I drove the car to Bar Harbor Main from the Hudson Valley NY area. We averaged well over 42 mpg on the trip! Plus - it is the Smoothest and QUIETEST car I've ever driven in over 44 years of driving hundreds of different vehicles. This car is Absolutely Amazing - a GRAND SLAM for GM. Any drivers on this thread who are complaining about poor mileage quite simply do NOT know how to drive! You can easily spot these kind of Poor Drivers on the highway - they are the ones who zoom up behind cars in front of them and then mash the brakes. In steady highway traffic - you should NEVER have to step on the brakes - and the cars with the brake lights constantly illuminating in steady traffic are the Poor Drivers who will never get good gas mileage with any car!