Disappointed
By tigerbill61 on
2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Sad to say but this car is Very very underpowered. Yes I know it says 35mpg hwy but only in your doing 55 with a tailwind. God help you if your making a left turn at intersection and another vehicles coming at you quickly because this thing has a very concerning acceleration hesitation concern. Ive actually put it to the floor and it just does not respond without serious hesitation. Goodbye Cruz... Hello more responsive replacement.. Sonota with similar pricing and gas mileage has 30 more horsepower and NO lag time!!
Favorite Features
Leg room
Suggested Improvements
Needs more power unless you like being in an intersection with oncoming cars and giving it gas but going NOWHERE!! (Yes Really)
By cruzefan1
on 06/29/12 09:38 AM (PDT)

I too have had issues with first accelerating it seems a bit hesitant but once in traffic up to speed I haven't had issues. The gas mileage I have found to be average for a small car. It makes a big difference though whether you're going 55 or 65 mph. Last tank of gas I had 75% highway and 25% city and got 36.62 MPG and that was figuring it manually not by the computer. I like my Cruze overall cause of the roominess and nice quiet smooth ride. However, I feel like I could've gotten a better value. The car seems a bit pricey. I could've gotten a Hyundai Elantra loaded without navigation for the same price as my mid-level Cruze or even a mid-level Hyundai Sonata for about $1,000 more. Will definitely shop around a little more the next time!