Disapointing gas mileage
By bob483 on
2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Have had my cruise for about five months. It seems like a pretty decent car. It has great power with the turbo in it, and it rides quite nice. My biggest complaint however without a doubt is the gas mileage. The claims that GM makes of high 30's to 42 mpg are completely false. The best I have ever done with the car is about 32 mpg. Very poor for a car this size, and I have an eco model with an automatic. If your after a high mpg car this isn't it.
Favorite Features
Good get up and go with the turbo
Suggested Improvements
Make the car get the kind of mpg that GM claims or tell the truth on the sticker and in the advertisements.
By commuter11
on 04/06/12 17:31 PM (PDT)

FYI, the government mandates the MPG figures used in ads. The car companies can only use the figures derived from the EPA's emissions testing, so you can complain to it, not GM. You will usually find that comparisons between cars will be fairly accurate. Thus, the Eco model indeed will get several more MPG than the standard Cruze, but, as they say in the ads, "Your mileage may vary." They aren't kidding about that.

By pharlap007
on 04/07/12 10:42 AM (PDT)

That's strange that your milage is so poor. I have a 2012 Cruze eco with 1900 miles on it, and I once averaged 50 mpg on the highway on a 50 mile loop, and took a photo of it, and I'm averaging 42+ mpg combined city and highway since it's purchase. I hope to get even better when it's broken in. You should have gotten the 6 speed if you are that concerned about the cost of fuel. I do add Lucas upper cylinder lubricant and injector cleaner at every fill up, and it's 3 oz per 10 gallons. A 32 oz bottle is $9.00. Well worth it just for the increased mpg...not to mention the clean injectors, and the lubed cylinder walls.

By palmmic88
on 04/14/12 14:31 PM (PDT)

you're not getting as good gas mileage as others because of the turbo. more power = more gas