Chevy Cruzes into the top tier
By bytes220 on
2012 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
My Cruze 2LT is simply the best new car I've ever owned. I and I have owned Acuras, Hondas, Toyotas and others. For my money, the Japanese Koreans, or Germans have nothing to compete with the Cruze. The interior is that of a premium near luxury car with stellar engineering that rides and handles well, has plenty of power when you need it, is very quiet and comfortable and, last but not least, delivers incredible mpgs read(29 - 44). I truly love this car. It is everything I could possibly hope for at this price point.
Favorite Features
Interior cabin, Fantastic infotainment system no mp3 or ipod necessary simply sync a usb flash drive with windows media player and download all your music to it. I personally use a 32GB drive so I have thousands of hours of music all searchable and indexed through the Cruze's simple radio navigation system Gas mileage 29-44 MPG Outstanding manual transmission and clutch short throws with near perfect clutch feel. QUIET smooth yet responsive suspension HVAC system OnStar and bluetooth
Suggested Improvements
Steering is a bit light. I know that electric steering gives yields more usable engine power and beter MPGs but a little more read feel would be nice. The trunk is huge for a car this size so a little less of it with more rear seat legroom would be good trade.
By bytes220
on 01/14/13 08:57 AM (PST)

After 13 months of ownership and 17,000 miles I am still thrilled with this car. It is definitely a kick to drive and the gas mileage while somewhat exaggerated by chevy and the bogus trip computer that always estimates mileage 3-5 mpg higher than actual, is still quite good at 30 city, 38 highway. BTW, in all fairness, those numbers are still higher than the EPA sticker. My car is a 2LT, not an ECO. I love the car. Get one for yourself.