2012 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Review: Capable of amazing gas mileage

2012 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Review

Eco Sedan (1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

Capable of amazing gas mileage
By floridadrive1 on

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was looking for a car for commuting....and I like a manual transmission. I have been a bit of a hypermiler (coast in neutral when slowing for long distances - or approaching a turn). So far, in the first week of 1/2 city, 1/2 country roads, I've achieved better than 47 mpg. You can get that easily by driving gingerly. This car is an ideal commuter.....I am just floored by how nice of a car this is....and I'm blown away by the gas mileage. Again, the manual is awesome - especially if you're a commuter. I love this car.

Favorite Features

The six gear. Super overdrive. Looks very cool for a small car. Price is right.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like disc brakes in the back......may be an option. Brakes work fine.....I just like the ease of being able to check the pads on disc brakes.
By block_edmunds
on 12/29/11 16:23 PM (PST)

I also dislike drum brakes. Harder to replace the shoes/pads and can't see them. How can drums be much cheaper? A rotor seems a lot easier to manufacture to me.

By rwmke
on 01/29/12 16:43 PM (PST)

The reason drums are cheaper is bcs it's easy to implement a parking brake with drums. There's often/usually(?) an auxiliary drum brake for the parking brake even in addition to the discs.