Best car ever owned.
By 100inchhammer on
2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
From the moment I picked up my car to now, it has reliably exceeded my expectations. The quality of the design, workmanship and assembly is beyond expectations. The car has no squeaks or rattles, it performs better than any expectations.
Favorite Features
Both the int and ext design are beautiful. The RS package is beautiful. But mostly it would have to be the drivetrain that impressed me more than anything. The turbo charged 1.4L eng has plenty of power yet achieving a class leading 40-42mpg (my avg). The 6 spd auto trans functions like a dream. Positive quick shifts quickly propel this car to highway speeds. This is the first automatic car I have owned that doesn't exhibit torque conv cycling. Meaning you don't need to wait for the tq conv to lock-up, it locks instantly upon shift.
Suggested Improvements
Keep up the good work GM!
By 100inchhammer
on 04/23/12 08:52 AM (PDT)

I now have had the car over a month and 2500 miles later. The car is still everything GM has advertised and much more. Fuel economy: Worst Avg: 39.2 mpg over 542 miles (In town driving, lots of starts and stops, no highway miles.) Best Avg: 47mpg over 112 miles (All highway, driving the speed limit, only a couple stops for a bite to eat and a stop at the merchant) Daily Avg: 42-43 mpg (A little of all types of driving.) I seen the Dexos 1 oil recommendation and was worried about cost. To my surprise, Penzoil "Lube Stop" offers a Dexos 1 oil change for $34.99 with their $5 coupon. As for the car itself...nothing has changed, it meets or exceeds all my expectations. I seen a review about bluetooth compatability and can say that my phone pairs up fine. I prefer to use my bluetooth from the Cruze over any other method. The Onstar nav is ok, if you are a frequesnt user you may prefer to upgrade to the optional nav system or just use an aftermarket GPS. I have used the Onstar nav at least 3 times now and it works fine, it gives you turn by turn and voice commands, the graphics are not color and it doesn't auto reroute, it asks you first. I would prefer auto rerouting. I did accidentally find that the console arm rest slides forward as an adjustment. That is neat. If you like the styling, features and fuel ratings then I assure you the car will please. It does exactly what its supposed to.