2012 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
2012 1LT Cruze Auto Gold Mist
By jamtracy on 01/13/12 16:56 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my Cruze. I was looking at the Mazda 3 sky active but the 1LT had more options at the same price point. When I was just thinking about getting a new car here comes a $2000 GM card holder rebate in the mail. Plus $750 USAA rebate made for a very nice deal. It's getting as advertised gas mileage. I looked at the Malibu as well because rebates are high on that model but the interior of the Cruze is much nicer in my opinion. Love the switch blade key. I own 2 GM vehicles now and couldn't be happier. I've sat in the back seat and there seems to be a fair amount of room but I will never ride back there so I don't really care! lol

Great Car for the money!!
By ginman522 on 01/03/12 11:04 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I just bought a 2012 Cruze LS w/ auto and the Connectivity Package, MSRP: $18,740.00. I test drove the 2012 Civic LX, 2011 Corolla LE(there is no 2012 version yet as of 01/02/2012), 2012 Hyndai Accent and the 2012 Kia Rio5, before I discovered the Chevy Cruze. The Corolla was the worst of the bunch, and the Cruze was the best (Dollar for Dollar on a lease), here is why: Only 2 Cons: 1. No Cruise control (LS only)

Excellent road car, with great mileage
By baghdaddy on 01/01/12 03:43 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This Cruze is by far the best Chevrolet ever. An attractive car, built to be quiet and comfortable on the road, with a huge trunk, and gas mileage that continues to impress. Most of my driving is commuting into Washington, DC, and I have averaged 39.9 mpg, over the 5,200 miles I have driven this car since new.

Capable of amazing gas mileage
By floridadrive1 on 12/26/11 11:27 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was looking for a car for commuting....and I like a manual transmission. I have been a bit of a hypermiler (coast in neutral when slowing for long distances - or approaching a turn). So far, in the first week of 1/2 city, 1/2 country roads, I've achieved better than 47 mpg. You can get that easily by driving gingerly. This car is an ideal commuter.....I am just floored by how nice of a car this is....and I'm blown away by the gas mileage. Again, the manual is awesome - especially if you're a commuter. I love this car.

Near Omaha, NE? Go see Daniel K at Gregg Young Chevy
By brianerick on 12/19/11 22:10 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just leased my first brand new 2012 Chevy Cruze LT. I have to say it was the best car buying experience I have ever had. Daniel K was polite, helpful and understood that buying a car can be a win win situation. Before I bought he even let me take it during the lunch hour to pick up my wife so she could take a look at it. His boss Paul helped get the deal done and Brandon in financing got the paperwork done fast and correct. The best part of the transaction was that everyone was geniune and honest. Not something you initially think of when you talk about car salesmen and dealerships. I got a great deal on a fantastic car. The reason I know this... My wife wants to trade me cars. :-)

Chevy Cruzes into the top tier
By bytes220 on 12/11/11 09:25 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My Cruze 2LT is simply the best new car I've ever owned. I and I have owned Acuras, Hondas, Toyotas and others. For my money, the Japanese Koreans, or Germans have nothing to compete with the Cruze. The interior is that of a premium near luxury car with stellar engineering that rides and handles well, has plenty of power when you need it, is very quiet and comfortable and, last but not least, delivers incredible mpgs read(29 - 44). I truly love this car. It is everything I could possibly hope for at this price point.

This is just a normal review.
By dqdave on 11/29/11 07:39 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

1. The front seats have more leg room I've ever had in any car. But, even with the seat up, the back seat can't really fit two willing adults in back. 2. Front visibility provides a great view of the road. But, the rear view mirror is small, along with the rear window. To help the rear visibility I've removed the back seat headrests. 3. The outside of the car is.... well... boring.. I mean it looks nice, clean, and as good as you can get for a 4dr sedan. But, the inside is NOT BORING, very elegant, the high quality leather has wonderful feel. Dash has been well designed. Every feature you would want is on it. Though, I think it has to many buttons to push. I'm glad I bought it.:)

chevy knocked the cover off the ball
By bayoubilly74 on 11/25/11 21:41 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Had an aging HHR that needed to be replaced. I wanted a car that got good gas mileage (drive 35 miles one way to work) but wouldn't be an embarrasment. Went into chevy to get a sonic but the cruze turned out to be a better deal. I got the base model with 6 speed manual. For the base model it has lots of equipment: power everything, keyless, on-star, satellite radio, etc. The only thing missing that I notice is cruise control. The interior is eye-catching and comfortable. Very smooth and fun to drive. 6 speed manual will get you up the road no problem. Satellite radio is the best--can't let that go. Huge trunk. Car wants to go and still has high fuel economy numbers.

Saved My Life So I Got Another One
By car_cruzer on 11/11/11 13:42 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Got the 2012 Cruze after a drunk driver totaled my 2011. I love my Cruze! I got mine in Topez Blue Metallic. The Interior is welcoming and feels more upscale then a Toyota or Honda. The price was right given the deal I could get through my bank. If you want more options in a smaller package for the same price consider the sonic.

What a Pleasant Surprise
By surprisedbygm on 11/09/11 20:40 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

First American car we have purchased in 15 years. We were attracted to the mileage, the look, the solid handling, the interior and the electronics. On a 50 mile daily commute driving under 45 mph, my wife averages 31 mpg. On a 5 hour freeway round trip we got 41 mpg while spending 45 minutes stop and go (based on actual gas used). Cruze has the smoothest power steering I've ever driven. Having driven Toyota, Honda and Mazda for years, I scoffed at the idea of visiting a GM dealership. We were really surprised at the quality. Ford Focus was our second choice. What a pleasure buying from an "old fashioned" American car dealer.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze in VA is:

$147 per month*