2012 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews 8

2012 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
LS Cruze is a big disappointment!
By smokum210 on 02/14/12 09:01 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2012 Chevy Cruze LS a couple of months ago. The transmission in this car is terrible it lurches from 3rd to 4th bad. The gas mileage is not what they advertise. I only average just over 25 combined miles per gallon. The back seat is to small for my teenage kids. If you are used to a car with more get up and go get the cruze with the turbo.

I drive it like I stole it!
By troublesome3 on 01/18/12 17:48 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I did alot of research into this car before I decided on it...and am glad I chose it. I am by no means a "hyper miler". The actual mielage that ive been achieving has been great. I have been averaging 34 mpg since i got it. On a recent highway trip i acheived 45 actual mpg. That was at 75 mph! I cant imagine how much better my mileage would be if I was gentler on it. The entire car inside and out is great. The interior is phenomenal for the class and the price. The exterior is also very stylish.

2lt 2012 cruz
By glow1491 on 01/13/12 20:48 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Love the way my car drives, it is comfortable easy to handle and classy looking! Love the crystal red color. The on star is great!

2012 1LT Cruze Auto Gold Mist
By jamtracy on 01/13/12 16:56 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my Cruze. I was looking at the Mazda 3 sky active but the 1LT had more options at the same price point. When I was just thinking about getting a new car here comes a $2000 GM card holder rebate in the mail. Plus $750 USAA rebate made for a very nice deal. It's getting as advertised gas mileage. I looked at the Malibu as well because rebates are high on that model but the interior of the Cruze is much nicer in my opinion. Love the switch blade key. I own 2 GM vehicles now and couldn't be happier. I've sat in the back seat and there seems to be a fair amount of room but I will never ride back there so I don't really care! lol

Great Car for the money!!
By ginman522 on 01/03/12 11:04 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I just bought a 2012 Cruze LS w/ auto and the Connectivity Package, MSRP: $18,740.00. I test drove the 2012 Civic LX, 2011 Corolla LE(there is no 2012 version yet as of 01/02/2012), 2012 Hyndai Accent and the 2012 Kia Rio5, before I discovered the Chevy Cruze. The Corolla was the worst of the bunch, and the Cruze was the best (Dollar for Dollar on a lease), here is why: Only 2 Cons: 1. No Cruise control (LS only)

Excellent road car, with great mileage
By baghdaddy on 01/01/12 03:43 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This Cruze is by far the best Chevrolet ever. An attractive car, built to be quiet and comfortable on the road, with a huge trunk, and gas mileage that continues to impress. Most of my driving is commuting into Washington, DC, and I have averaged 39.9 mpg, over the 5,200 miles I have driven this car since new.

Capable of amazing gas mileage
By floridadrive1 on 12/26/11 11:27 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was looking for a car for commuting....and I like a manual transmission. I have been a bit of a hypermiler (coast in neutral when slowing for long distances - or approaching a turn). So far, in the first week of 1/2 city, 1/2 country roads, I've achieved better than 47 mpg. You can get that easily by driving gingerly. This car is an ideal commuter.....I am just floored by how nice of a car this is....and I'm blown away by the gas mileage. Again, the manual is awesome - especially if you're a commuter. I love this car.

Near Omaha, NE? Go see Daniel K at Gregg Young Chevy
By brianerick on 12/19/11 22:10 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I just leased my first brand new 2012 Chevy Cruze LT. I have to say it was the best car buying experience I have ever had. Daniel K was polite, helpful and understood that buying a car can be a win win situation. Before I bought he even let me take it during the lunch hour to pick up my wife so she could take a look at it. His boss Paul helped get the deal done and Brandon in financing got the paperwork done fast and correct. The best part of the transaction was that everyone was geniune and honest. Not something you initially think of when you talk about car salesmen and dealerships. I got a great deal on a fantastic car. The reason I know this... My wife wants to trade me cars. :-)

Chevy Cruzes into the top tier
By bytes220 on 12/11/11 09:25 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My Cruze 2LT is simply the best new car I've ever owned. I and I have owned Acuras, Hondas, Toyotas and others. For my money, the Japanese Koreans, or Germans have nothing to compete with the Cruze. The interior is that of a premium near luxury car with stellar engineering that rides and handles well, has plenty of power when you need it, is very quiet and comfortable and, last but not least, delivers incredible mpgs read(29 - 44). I truly love this car. It is everything I could possibly hope for at this price point.

This is just a normal review.
By dqdave on 11/29/11 07:39 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

1. The front seats have more leg room I've ever had in any car. But, even with the seat up, the back seat can't really fit two willing adults in back. 2. Front visibility provides a great view of the road. But, the rear view mirror is small, along with the rear window. To help the rear visibility I've removed the back seat headrests. 3. The outside of the car is.... well... boring.. I mean it looks nice, clean, and as good as you can get for a 4dr sedan. But, the inside is NOT BORING, very elegant, the high quality leather has wonderful feel. Dash has been well designed. Every feature you would want is on it. Though, I think it has to many buttons to push. I'm glad I bought it.:)