Used 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Cruze

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

My favorite car ever!
By nesreena

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just completed 40 thousand km in 13 months and i had zero issues with this car, it is a very responsive car with amazing features for its price and range, this is my first car to drive and I never drove before that yet it made me love driving and cruzing with it....

I drive on a highway everyday on 110/120 km speed for 30-5- minutes and i faced no issues so far... I highly recommend it to everyone. Also price is same as Toyota Yaris (1.3LT)! So it is a bargain! Japanese cars are overrated. Oh did I mention the gas consumption per week equals wt i used to pay for a cab to work one way!!!!

I really needed a back shield glass wiper as it gets so dusty here in UAE with sand storms every few months!

Ugh! Ugh! Ugh!
By timberly1987

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Where do I start, while I love the look of the car and the gas mileage.. thats all I got.. I have had nothing but problems with it, the e-break doesnt hold and I've had to stop it from rolling down a hill,. The pins that hold the fuses in all broke and fuses fell out, making my dashboard and electronics not work, my trunk is always popping open randomly, so I cant store anything in it. my rear defrosters dont work, my window striping had to be replaced, the radio sounds horible. No cup holders in the back (MAJOR inconvience) The seat belt strap cannot be used in the lowest setting, it doesnt retract and cuts my neck

The look

cup holders in the back, seatbelt retracting, trunk issue.

I never set out to buy a Chevrolet Cruze
By southlandhb

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I did not have the intention to buy this car. However, I did have the intention of test driving and exploring a broad mix of vehicles across many makes and vehicle classes.

So I drove a lot of cars from Audi to Volkswagen, because like excellent Italian food- you can't know how close or how far you are until you've tasted the good stuff!

That said, the Cruze unexpectedly met my expectations offering what I felt was an excellent balance of features, driving dynamics all at a very fair price.

The Cruze has many thoughtful features- fully automatic lighting, remote starting (with heating and cooling), backup sensors, power seat, one touch windows, and interior styling that rivals cars costing thousands more. Compared to many other brands, the electric steering has excellent feel, and the turbo engine is zippy, yet quiet- so smooth and quiet at idle you sometimes wonder if it's running. The ride is taut, but pleasantly absorbs road imperfections and blocks noise. Then there are the more subtle niceties like soft open/close grab handles, glove box, easy to use radio, multiple cup holders, trunk grab handle, triple sealed doors, and other hidden gems. There's a lot to like here.

Driver Information center controls are on the turn signal stalk. Once you learn how to use it- it's not hard, but it's not intuitive and has plenty of room for improvement. Some might feel the seats are a tad firm- and the back seat is snug on knee room for some. I did have an issue with my iPhone 5 not syncing with the radio and being able play music consistently. Typical troubleshooting didn't help- if you experience this- have them check the module between the radio and USB. They replaced the one in mine and it's been perfect since. If the Cruze proves to be reliable, the paint stays as glorious as it is (the blue topaz gets a lot of compliments) I'll be very happy for years to come.

1 year, 14k mile review
By 60rockstar

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Routine maintenance only; zero problems. I purchased an LTZ RS for my son to take to college. On his trips home he is averaging 33 m.p.g. (80% highway, 20% city).

The Cruze is feels very solid, like a much bigger car, handles well, and is quiet. I drove it on a two day trip, which included 12 hours through a snowstorm (almost blizzard) across Pa and NY
the day after Christmas and it did great in the snow (on factory tires). The car was comfortable for that long of a drive, as much as anything else I have driven.

I think GM did a great job with the fit, finish, and styling. My son drove a Cobalt while in high school - the Cruze is nothing like it.

- seat heaters :) - remote start - Sirius XM radio - OnStar emails me the diagnostics so I can monitor the vehicle from 400 miles away - RS package styling with 18" wheels

-storage is rather sparse. I got the upgraded stereo which places a subwoofer in the dash so I lost that extra compartment. Why no overhead console? Sunglasses storage? Garage door opener? A more powerful engine option. How about the 220 h.p. turbo four cylinder from the Buick Regal CLX? Or at least a factory performance upgrade kit. A higher h.p., 6 speed manual, AWD, hatchback Cruze LTZ RS. Please :)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 1.8 6 Speen Manual
By luvmy2012cruze

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Excellent car! This car trumps the competition. I have read the reviews on this car and see a lot of complaints about it, none of which I have encountered. I just rolled over 15k in it and have not had a problem. Many of the reviews I say complain about the turbo in the 1.8 LS......if they read about the car they would know that the 1.8 LS does NOT come with a turbo. Gas mileage complaints.....depends on how you drive I average 34.6 mpg and I am not easy on the car. I drive this car extremely hard and fast, average 75-80mph on the highway, but still get 430 miles to the tank. Not as powerful as the 1Lt and up models, since it does not have a turbo, but I am very very happy with it.

Bluetooth, XM, Onstar, all great features, handles like a dream! Excellent and sporty design inside and out.

Make seats more comfortable, that is my only complaint.