2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Disapointing gas mileage
By bob483 on 03/31/12 18:26 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have had my cruise for about five months. It seems like a pretty decent car. It has great power with the turbo in it, and it rides quite nice. My biggest complaint however without a doubt is the gas mileage. The claims that GM makes of high 30's to 42 mpg are completely false. The best I have ever done with the car is about 32 mpg. Very poor for a car this size, and I have an eco model with an automatic. If your after a high mpg car this isn't it.

Eco Absolutely BLOWS ME AWAY!
By mikedeanvero on 03/21/12 12:45 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This Car FEELS perfect! The manual shifts are Camaro type fun for me. Handling, Braking, Acceleration are above what I thought would be received from a compact American maker. I gave up a BMW 328 (Service Nightmare), and don't miss that car AT ALL!

Cruze Eco Automatic, 2012,CJ
By cjcruze on 03/05/12 10:24 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have had the Cruze for 5 weeks and driven 1500 miles. Very pleased with the car on all fronts--comfort, quietness, handling, economy, and available trunk space. No defects on delivery; no problems encountered thus far. So far I have averaged 38.3 mpg in a combination of interstate, urban, and exurban driving.

As expected
By ripriley on 02/26/12 09:58 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

15K miles and going with no issues. I get an actual 41 MPG combined...on board computer is usually 2-3 MPG optimistic. Quality is much better than expected. Very pleased.

There's Hope For GM
By gep10 on 02/24/12 12:36 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

IMHO, this is the best compact car GM has ever made (been 25 years since I bought a Chevy compact). A friend (BMW 5 series owner) asked if I wanted to trade cars after he drove it. It is fun to drive, looks contemporary, has outstanding features for the price, and is averaging over 34 MPG for the first 1,400 miles of mostly city driving (47 MPG is best 50 mile average). The Eco 6M is one of the most sophisticated cars GM makes; virtually every aspect of the car was optimized for (MPG) performance to make it lighter, more efficient and more aerodynamic. These changes also improve handling. My only problem with the car is that my wife won't give it back after driving it for several weeks!!

I love this car!
By dr_jim1 on 02/17/12 14:41 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My previous car is a Volvo C70. The Eco had a lot to live up to. I have 16,000 miles with a lifetime average of 44 mpg. I commute 250 miles (RT) over mostly two lane highways in the frozen North. The acceleration makes passing easy, the car is beautiful and comfortable. I went to the test drive expecting to be under awed, but I had to get better gas mileage. A hybrid was not going to do it with my driving conditions. The car impressed me at every turn. It still does.

Beats the imports
By regular_renter on 02/14/12 17:40 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I travel on business frequently and rent lots of cars in this category. The Chevy Cruze beats the pants off the Toyota Corolla and Nissan Sentra in EVERY area. It looks and handles great. It has excellent pickup. The interior seems much nicer than its class and way more comfortable too. I wish the rental company would dump the imports and only carry this car. I choose it over the Malibu too. Way to go Chevy.

LS Cruze is a big disappointment!
By smokum210 on 02/14/12 09:01 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2012 Chevy Cruze LS a couple of months ago. The transmission in this car is terrible it lurches from 3rd to 4th bad. The gas mileage is not what they advertise. I only average just over 25 combined miles per gallon. The back seat is to small for my teenage kids. If you are used to a car with more get up and go get the cruze with the turbo.

I drive it like I stole it!
By troublesome3 on 01/18/12 17:48 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I did alot of research into this car before I decided on it...and am glad I chose it. I am by no means a "hyper miler". The actual mielage that ive been achieving has been great. I have been averaging 34 mpg since i got it. On a recent highway trip i acheived 45 actual mpg. That was at 75 mph! I cant imagine how much better my mileage would be if I was gentler on it. The entire car inside and out is great. The interior is phenomenal for the class and the price. The exterior is also very stylish.

2lt 2012 cruz
By glow1491 on 01/13/12 20:48 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Love the way my car drives, it is comfortable easy to handle and classy looking! Love the crystal red color. The on star is great!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan in VA is:

$150 per month*