2012 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
My 2012 Cruze or a Ford Pinto? The race is close.
By simplmn72 on 08/17/12 18:13 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I wish I had researched the Cruze more. I just got it back from the dealership. A recall, the door seals keep coming lose, bluetooth sucks, air doesn't work right, poor gas mileage, it keeps dying on me, and a message comes up on the comp between the speedo and tach saying my brakes are over heating. Most things they could not repair because they could not reproduce them. I was informed there are no sensors on the car to monitor the temp of the brakes and there isn't even any such thing as a message like that on the car. I told him I was disappointed if they were not educated with the Cruze enough to know about the message. The message happened again on the way home, took a pic, we will see.

MPG Very Disappointing
By bmg2012 on 08/17/12 09:29 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased this car new for one reason, to get better gas mileage than I was getting which was 25 MPG combined. After a few weeks I am getting only 24.2 MPG combined. Most of my mile are on the highway, not city. This car is supposed to get 30 MPG combined. The dealer keeps telling me to be patient and break it in and the MPG will increase over time. It had better start getting much better MPG or this car is going back of the GM return it for any reason program that ends in September. If you are buying this car for better MPG...don't.

I love my new Cruze
By rooney10 on 08/14/12 19:27 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have almost 4,000 miles on my car and love the way it handles and the gas mileage is great. I average 41-43 mpg going 55-60 even with the AC on. I love all of the services, Onstar and Sirius radio makes being in the car a joy. I have used Onstar Navigation several times and it's so easy, I have always arrived at the right place too. I'm still learning new things about my car it has so many features. The 6 speed transmission works great if you drive the car correctly but it did take some getting used to. I still take off too fast from time to time. I love the Autumn Metallic color and have seen many people admire my car while parked.

Great car with great MPG but if you have manual watch out for cultch problems
By smbaylor on 08/07/12 09:33 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My husband and I bought this car on May 31st 2012. We love this car; it gets great gas mileage which was perfect for us with my husband being in the National Guard and has to drive over an hour for every drill weekend and with both of us being full time college students. Saving this much money is gas every month if great. The one problem we did have with the car is that when I drove the car to Peoria which is an hour and a half from our home it broke down about 10 miles from where I was going. I had the car set on cruse on the highway and all of a sudden the RPM's shot up and the speed started going down quickly. Mind you both my husband and I learned to drive with a manual transmission so

Super Happy with this purchase, and you will be too.
By sparkplug1990 on 08/05/12 19:22 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I looked long and hard before I decided on this car. I am GM all the way, so the other options were limited. The minute I test drove the car, I fell in love. Everything is configured right where I would have put it. I am a bit of a bigger guy, and the seats and drive are as comfortable as they could be. I stand a little over 6ft tall, and I have plenty of legroom. All of the features I needed were on this 1LT model, it fits my needs. I would have liked to get a 2LT or LTZ but I am still extremely happy with my choice.

Glad I bought the Cruze instead of a Honda Civic
By dmrock1 on 07/19/12 16:41 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

After buying the Cruze Ls model and reading the reviews I thought I made a mistake by not upgrading to the Eco 1.4 turbo model.Some reviews said the Ls got nowhere near the expected mileage.I drive approx 70 mi (mainly highway) each day to work and so far I am VERY impressed with the mileage without air I am getting 38 mpg and with air a little over 35.I'm 6'4" and alot more comfortable than if i would have bought a Civic.Understand I was driving a Dodge dakota truck everyday and spending $80 dollars a week on gas,so now you can understand my point of view.I bought the Silver met. Ice and had the windows tinted and it looks great!

Just plain awesome!
By lipweb on 07/19/12 15:16 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have a Subaru 2.5Premium which I bought for the awd, but the gas milage is horrible and it just doesn't have the power at low rpms. I also owned a Celica GTS that I traded for the 2012 Cruze Eco and not only is it zippy around town but I got 52 mpg on a, 1 & 1/2 trip - all highway - According to the computer. The ride is comfortable, Bluetooth technology is super easy to set-up & the seats are great on my back too. I do a lot of lifting all day and it feels just right to get in and out of this car. My wife loves it too. Infact so much so, that she took it over and I'm back into my 2011 Subaru. Now if I can just convince her to let me trade for another Cruze Eco.

A disappointment
By on 06/30/12 08:59 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Looking for an economy car for work, I purchased a 1LT automatic on Memorial Day, but after 30 days I traded it. The main reason is that I couldn't get comfortable in the driver's seat. The seat bolsters are very tight, and the manual seat adjustment is awkward. The turbo engine and six-speed automatic often get out of synch, leaving the car "hunting" for the right gear. Sometimes it barely wants to accelerate, but when everything hooks up right, it moves well. The electronic steering is very light, little road feel. No inside trunk or gas cap release. This car is fine for a teenager to look good in, but not one for a serious enthusiast. Also, this car has no resale value.

Disappointed
By tigerbill61 on 06/28/12 18:45 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Sad to say but this car is Very very underpowered. Yes I know it says 35mpg hwy but only in your doing 55 with a tailwind. God help you if your making a left turn at intersection and another vehicles coming at you quickly because this thing has a very concerning acceleration hesitation concern. Ive actually put it to the floor and it just does not respond without serious hesitation. Goodbye Cruz... Hello more responsive replacement.. Sonota with similar pricing and gas mileage has 30 more horsepower and NO lag time!!

Best Car I have ever Owned
By luvmy2012cruze on 06/26/12 09:45 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love my 2012 Cruze LS 6 Speed Manual! This car is by far the best car I have ever owned, its trumps both the Honda Civic and Honda Accord that I have owned previously. Great gas mileage, handles like a dream, and has amazing get up and go.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze in VA is:

$150 per month*