Used 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Great value
By cscott952

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm very happy with my Cruze. I have about 13k miles on it, and still feel its a great value. I have driven/owned many types of cars, and I'm still quite impressed with this car for the money. It's my daily driver, and general use car. Since the turbo engine has a broad power band, its very driveable. Its not fast, but responsive enough to make it nice to drive. The engine idles very smoothly too. The cabin is quiet at highway speeds, and the seats are comfortable on long drives. Aside from the armrest, I have not complaints!

Favorite Features -road manners -quiet -fuel efficient -powerband/engine -interior design and space -trunk size -style -convenience features -power band

The armrest is too short. It slides forward, which is nice, but doesn't lock forward. I've developed a habit of pushing the armrest forward while I drive w/o being aware of it.

Poor Fuel Economy
By romantilly

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought the Chevrolet Cruze 1 year ago after reviewing and driving many other models. I needed something with good fuel economy because I drive 130 miles to work each way. The car was advertised at 30+ for city and 42 for highway. About 90% of my driving is straight highway miles at 75 mph with the vehicle on cruise control. My average fuel economy on highway has dropped from 32-35 to less than 30, and around town from high 20's to low to mid 20's. The car does not deliver what it advertises.

30,000 mile review
By captdavid100

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Car purchased December 2011. Trouble free since new. Main reason for selecting the Cruze 1LT was the availability of the six-speed manual transmission. Recently completed 2,200 mile road trip - average fuel burn 36.4 MPH (real - not computer). The car remains surprisingly tight, is very quiet, tracks well with no torque steer and a all and all a pleasure to drive. Because the engine lacks "punch" it takes a little getting used to when passing or entering a highway - pay attention and drive defensively. I look forward to driving the car every day and enjoy the Cruze much more than I would have thought. GM deserves two thumbs up for designing and delivering a quality vehicle.

6-speed manual transmission, interior and exterior styling, solid build, front seat comfort, large trunk, fuel economy.

Center storage bin/arm rest could be a bit longer, the ability to calibrate the fuel computer (8-10% optimistic), a built-in 110 VAC electric outlet would be a nice option.

no 40 mpg
By mspeakman

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I want to report on my trip to The national parks. I put 5400 miles on my cruz on this trip, and thought I would easily get 40 mpg on the interstates, but it never happened. The computer told me I was getting over 40 on many legs of the trip, but I kept actual numbers and gallons used and the best I ever got from fillup to fillup was 39.4. This was on virtually flat highway at speed of 65 mph. On a similar leg I got 39 even. Speeds above that gave results in the 34 to 35 mpg, which I thought was pretty good. My worst leg was when I got hung up in construction traffic for well over an hour, results there were 24.4. Worst leg without problems was 32.1 mpg while driving at 75 plus mph. Later.

Love the Cruze
By beezer34

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have a Cruze LTZ with Navigation. Love the two toned interior. Had a Jetta before the Cruze and the Cruze blows it away. Better performance and nicer interior. Love it

Navigation and performance