Used 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Cruze

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

30,000 mile review
By captdavid100

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Car purchased December 2011. Trouble free since new. Main reason for selecting the Cruze 1LT was the availability of the six-speed manual transmission. Recently completed 2,200 mile road trip - average fuel burn 36.4 MPH (real - not computer). The car remains surprisingly tight, is very quiet, tracks well with no torque steer and a all and all a pleasure to drive. Because the engine lacks "punch" it takes a little getting used to when passing or entering a highway - pay attention and drive defensively. I look forward to driving the car every day and enjoy the Cruze much more than I would have thought. GM deserves two thumbs up for designing and delivering a quality vehicle.

Favorite Features

6-speed manual transmission, interior and exterior styling, solid build, front seat comfort, large trunk, fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Center storage bin/arm rest could be a bit longer, the ability to calibrate the fuel computer (8-10% optimistic), a built-in 110 VAC electric outlet would be a nice option.

no 40 mpg
By mspeakman

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I want to report on my trip to The national parks. I put 5400 miles on my cruz on this trip, and thought I would easily get 40 mpg on the interstates, but it never happened. The computer told me I was getting over 40 on many legs of the trip, but I kept actual numbers and gallons used and the best I ever got from fillup to fillup was 39.4. This was on virtually flat highway at speed of 65 mph. On a similar leg I got 39 even. Speeds above that gave results in the 34 to 35 mpg, which I thought was pretty good. My worst leg was when I got hung up in construction traffic for well over an hour, results there were 24.4. Worst leg without problems was 32.1 mpg while driving at 75 plus mph. Later.

Love the Cruze
By beezer34

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have a Cruze LTZ with Navigation. Love the two toned interior. Had a Jetta before the Cruze and the Cruze blows it away. Better performance and nicer interior. Love it

Favorite Features

Navigation and performance

Suggested Improvements

Memory seat

Amazing MPG
By mspeakman

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I drove my 2012 Cruze LT with automatic transmission to Niagara falls, Canada on 6/01/2013. I filled the gas in Conneaut, Ohio and drove the 147 miles to the falls. I stayed 4 days and filled the tank in Erie, Pa. on the return trip. My totals were for the one tank of gas were 267 highway miles and 165 city miles. My computer readout said I averaged 39.9 MPG. I recorded the necessary numbers and the actual mileage was 37.5. That number is for city/highway combined. That is amazing and over what the manufacturer says the car gets for highway driving alone. I will be taking a trip later this month to Utah and I will report my mileage for a tank of driving on the highway. Bet it is over 40.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, peppy engine.

Suggested Improvements

at times the transmission is kind of jerky. rear parking sensor signal needs to be louder, or maybe even have a volume adjustment.

Great Car
By denman98

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have 13,500 miles on a 2012 Cruze eco. The mileage is phenomenal. Took a trip last weekend through the mountains and averaged over 50 mpg. 13,500 miles and no problems to report. The only small issue is the placement of the hot-cold dial for the climate control, the way I sit in the car my leg rests on it and sometimes I inadvertently turn it, otherwise, great car.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage!! Room for 5, great entertainment system and vehicle computer.

Suggested Improvements

Move the hot-cold dial for the AC away from the driver a little to improve driver leg room.