2012 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
1 year, 14k mile review
By 60rockstar on 02/23/13 16:37 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Routine maintenance only; zero problems. I purchased an LTZ RS for my son to take to college. On his trips home he is averaging 33 m.p.g. (80% highway, 20% city). The Cruze is feels very solid, like a much bigger car, handles well, and is quiet. I drove it on a two day trip, which included 12 hours through a snowstorm (almost blizzard) across Pa and NY the day after Christmas and it did great in the snow (on factory tires). The car was comfortable for that long of a drive, as much as anything else I have driven. I think GM did a great job with the fit, finish, and styling. My son drove a Cobalt while in high school - the Cruze is nothing like it.

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 1.8 6 Speen Manual
By luvmy2012cruze on 02/22/13 08:51 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Excellent car! This car trumps the competition. I have read the reviews on this car and see a lot of complaints about it, none of which I have encountered. I just rolled over 15k in it and have not had a problem. Many of the reviews I say complain about the turbo in the 1.8 LS......if they read about the car they would know that the 1.8 LS does NOT come with a turbo. Gas mileage complaints.....depends on how you drive I average 34.6 mpg and I am not easy on the car. I drive this car extremely hard and fast, average 75-80mph on the highway, but still get 430 miles to the tank. Not as powerful as the 1Lt and up models, since it does not have a turbo, but I am very very happy with it.

2012 cruze - a great value-
By mnharris on 02/13/13 14:44 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

So far so good with my 2012 Cruze. Great car on the highway, this is a huge reason why I bought it over the competition. The Cruze feels like a Lexus compared to some others (especially the Hyundai Elantra) very quiet and smooth. So far I average 33 mpg with a 50/50 mix of highway and in town driving. Nothing has broke yet (32,000k) and it feels solid and well built.

Lots of Problems
By bdawg1210 on 02/06/13 06:44 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My Chevy Cruze currently has 42,00 miles on it and it had been a painful 42,000 miles. I have to take my car in almost monthly to get serviced. Some of the problems I have encountered is the fan not working for the a/c and heating unit, water pump broken causing my car to leak anti-freeae making my car over heat, weird noise coming from front left tire that all the mechanics say is weird because they hear it but cant find the problem, the list goes on. I would not recommend buying any year, make, or model of the Chevy Cruze. I bought the car because I wanted to support a U.S. automaker because all the other cars I have previously purchased were foreign, but I will never buy a chevy agai

Good Value / Decent Mileage
By csb4 on 01/22/13 15:59 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My '12 Cruze LS gets mileage as advertised. Mileage depends *heavily* on driving style. This weekend I drove the family to Disney and got 40 mpg round trip (EPA = 38 mpg highway). Driving more aggressively, I'd get 34-36 mpg highway. Like any car, numerous factors are at play: More passengers / more gas in tank = lower mpg. Lower temperatures = lower mpg. Air conditioner = lower mpg. More uphill than downhill = lower mpg (I therefore rely more on round trip values). I have even noticed mpg variations depending on the quality of the road. Some of the comments I've read probably don't account for these variables, and the many others, that do affect mpg.

2012 LT Auto
By efunk1 on 01/21/13 12:51 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have the 1.4 turbo with 20,000 milesw bought brand new. Fuel mileage is 35.2 on 16,000 miles and avg 38 on hwy under 70 mph. One problem that has come up is when driving down hwy the car drifts a little to the left and when I try to steer back the steering has a catch, (kink) in it. It happens atleast 8 times in a 50 mile drive. Talked to dealer and they said they havn't heard of that happing. I googled steering problem and seen many others with same problem which they all state dealer ran codes and found no problem other than 1 guy had said the dealer was replacing entire front end. I think GM has a big problem and their not letting the cat out of the bag!

Awesome Car for a Great Price
By danmessina on 01/13/13 18:57 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I researched the Cruze for several months before purchasing a used 2012 ECO and couldn't be more pleased with my decision. The engine, though small, provides snappy acceleration while delivering 37 mpg in the city and 45 mpg highway in a sporty package. A word of caution for tall folks...if the driver is over 5'10" forget about legroom for passenger behind driver.

Great Value for the Money
By reviewer22 on 01/06/13 20:32 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We actually are leasing a 2012 Cruze 1LT. The ride and quietness of the car are comparable to something much more expensive. The interior is equally impressive for a car that come to @ 20K with tax. You are not getting a Lexus ES350 for 20K, so let's be realistic too. This is a commuter car for us, but the back seat is just fine two kids fit just fine in their car seats. I don't know that I would want to be an adult in the back of any car in this size for any period of time. The disk/drum combo is more than adequate for everyday driving. The steering is crisp and the handling is quite good. If there is a weak spot, I would say it's the OEM Firestone tires.

Cruze to a crash
By jwestbrooke on 12/24/12 18:46 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2011 Chevy Cruze is the absolute worst vehicle to ever come out of Detroit. The 2012 Chevy Cruze is not quite as bad. It will prove to be the most rear-ended car ever built. Whenever you are in town, the computer can take control from the driver and make hopelessly stupid mistakes. If you are doing 35 mph and back off the throttle by as much as one milimeter, the computer can take control of the vehicle and decide "Oh, he must want to stop. Here, I will help you." The computer radically downshifts the transmission, shuts down the fuel injectors, alters the ignition timing, and will slow the vehicle to 20 mph within 2 seconds. The computer has taken control. You are helpless.

Don't buy one
By bob483 on 12/15/12 08:26 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My Chevy Cruze now has about 7000 miles on it and until recently I thought it was a decent car, despite the fact that the gas mileage stats are pretty much exaggerated, the best I have ever got with mine is around 33, 34 miles to the gallon on the highway. So don't buy it for that reason, you can do better. My biggest complaint however, Is the cars terrible lag when you step on the gas when you are already moving. It can definitely be dangerous if you are in a situation where you need immediate acceleration like I was the other day. The car took forever to accelerate. I will get rid of this car soon and certainly would never consider another one.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze in VA is:

$147 per month*