Used 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Cruze

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Scared for my life at 10k miles
By chevycruzeh8er

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

bought my car March 2012, been having hard shifting problems and just last month the transmission module failed completely and had to be replaced (9,500 miles). I was sitting in the car on idle and it felt like a brick was dropped into my engine with a thud, engine light came on and trying to drive it to the side was like driving a golf cart. Still having hard shifting problems, got it back from the dealership yesterday and apparently the hard shifting is a "feature" of the car, I don't even feel safe driving this car anymore because I'm scared of getting rear ended when the car hard shifts on the freeway and pulls so hard back that if there was somebody tailing me they would crash into me.

Favorite Features

convenient interior design

Suggested Improvements

fix engine and transmission problems instead of saying its a feature of the car.

Amazing MPG
By mspeakman

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I drove my 2012 Cruze LT with automatic transmission to Niagara falls, Canada on 6/01/2013. I filled the gas in Conneaut, Ohio and drove the 147 miles to the falls. I stayed 4 days and filled the tank in Erie, Pa. on the return trip. My totals were for the one tank of gas were 267 highway miles and 165 city miles. My computer readout said I averaged 39.9 MPG. I recorded the necessary numbers and the actual mileage was 37.5. That number is for city/highway combined. That is amazing and over what the manufacturer says the car gets for highway driving alone. I will be taking a trip later this month to Utah and I will report my mileage for a tank of driving on the highway. Bet it is over 40.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, peppy engine.

Suggested Improvements

at times the transmission is kind of jerky. rear parking sensor signal needs to be louder, or maybe even have a volume adjustment.

Great small car
By karl_swift

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I use this car on a daily basis, for both city and highway driving. I average about 35 MPH, and the cruze does not use a drop on oil, between 6,000 mile changes. Most of my driving is highway in excess of 70 MPH. The vehicle currently has over 40,000, and i have no complaints.

Favorite Features

The turbo has lots of power and great mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a better seat.

Love the Cruze
By beezer34

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have a Cruze LTZ with Navigation. Love the two toned interior. Had a Jetta before the Cruze and the Cruze blows it away. Better performance and nicer interior. Love it

Favorite Features

Navigation and performance

Suggested Improvements

Memory seat

no 40 mpg
By mspeakman

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I want to report on my trip to The national parks. I put 5400 miles on my cruz on this trip, and thought I would easily get 40 mpg on the interstates, but it never happened. The computer told me I was getting over 40 on many legs of the trip, but I kept actual numbers and gallons used and the best I ever got from fillup to fillup was 39.4. This was on virtually flat highway at speed of 65 mph. On a similar leg I got 39 even. Speeds above that gave results in the 34 to 35 mpg, which I thought was pretty good. My worst leg was when I got hung up in construction traffic for well over an hour, results there were 24.4. Worst leg without problems was 32.1 mpg while driving at 75 plus mph. Later.