2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Amazing MPG
By mspeakman on 06/05/13 19:53 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I drove my 2012 Cruze LT with automatic transmission to Niagara falls, Canada on 6/01/2013. I filled the gas in Conneaut, Ohio and drove the 147 miles to the falls. I stayed 4 days and filled the tank in Erie, Pa. on the return trip. My totals were for the one tank of gas were 267 highway miles and 165 city miles. My computer readout said I averaged 39.9 MPG. I recorded the necessary numbers and the actual mileage was 37.5. That number is for city/highway combined. That is amazing and over what the manufacturer says the car gets for highway driving alone. I will be taking a trip later this month to Utah and I will report my mileage for a tank of driving on the highway. Bet it is over 40.

Great Car
By denman98 on 05/22/13 01:12 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have 13,500 miles on a 2012 Cruze eco. The mileage is phenomenal. Took a trip last weekend through the mountains and averaged over 50 mpg. 13,500 miles and no problems to report. The only small issue is the placement of the hot-cold dial for the climate control, the way I sit in the car my leg rests on it and sometimes I inadvertently turn it, otherwise, great car.

Nice car but sleepy
By numberguy on 05/15/13 01:41 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my Cruze for a year now and 11,000 miles. It has been trouble free. You do get a lot of car for the money. My advice is dont get the 1.4 turbo motor as the throttle response is terrible at highway speeds. The problem is that the better 1.8 motor is only available on the LS model. I've driven both and the 1.8 is better and gets the same mileage. Sadly I plan on trade this car for one with better highway response. If you can afford it buy the Malibu as it drives MUCH better.

6500 mile review - Good value, definitely not the same as European cars
By weatherman07 on 05/09/13 17:48 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have this car because I got a very good lease. Its the 1LT with an auto. Currently 6500 miles, 7 mo. in. It s been in the shop for a thermo, and STILL has a wintertime heater issue. There are creaks and squeaks galore too, particularly with the driver's seat. But, it does get good gas mileage and has reasonable performance for an economy car. Mine has the convenience package, which has a car starter and backup sensors, which are indeed convenient. The back seat is very small. The build quality is much better than previous Chevys, but still is cheaper than my VW. The trunk liner and the door coverings are particularly chintzy. The sat radio is nice, as is the bluetooth for the phone.

By nickie3 on 04/20/13 05:04 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have been rear ended twice now and I have to say this is the best car so far on safety, hardly no damage on the bumper at all this last wreck I was in and I was hit hard all it did was scratch the paint, more damage was to the vehicle that hit me. So five stars on the safety/ build of this car! My cruze is the ECO model automatic not manual it wouldn't pull the correct one up.

Something GM got right.
By jghs16 on 04/14/13 07:53 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned honda's since 01. Decided to trade one in for a lease on a cruze. The cockpit is nice. Was overwhelmed at first by the technology. Automatic shifts smooth even though I miss my stick already. I wish the arm rest wasn't so useless. Cupholders are too small also. Both plus's from my honda civic. The quietness of the cabin is welcoming. I can see fine but sometimes I think the view could be better. Seats are kozy. Trunk is fine. Radio sounds great. Overall I am pleased with the lease. Glad I did give GM another try. Gas mileage isn't too far off from my honda either.

Things start going wrong at 35k miles
By jayleesummers on 04/02/13 18:17 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I am a home health nurse and I bought my car because it was supposed to have great gas mileage and so far I am happy with it. There is a weird noise coming from the drivers side front of the car that the service department has not been able to figure out. It idles rough at times. The service department replaced a valve cover that they said was faulty, but the car still has problems with idling. The transmission seems like it is slipping at times when I am trying to accelerate and lurches when downshifting My car has been in the shop for 5 days now for the noise and the idle. They also found a faulty water pump since it's been in there. All in all, I still love my car, just wish they'd fix

My favorite car ever!
By nesreena on 03/19/13 04:14 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just completed 40 thousand km in 13 months and i had zero issues with this car, it is a very responsive car with amazing features for its price and range, this is my first car to drive and I never drove before that yet it made me love driving and cruzing with it....

Ugh! Ugh! Ugh!
By timberly1987 on 03/08/13 16:46 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Where do I start, while I love the look of the car and the gas mileage.. thats all I got.. I have had nothing but problems with it, the e-break doesnt hold and I've had to stop it from rolling down a hill,. The pins that hold the fuses in all broke and fuses fell out, making my dashboard and electronics not work, my trunk is always popping open randomly, so I cant store anything in it. my rear defrosters dont work, my window striping had to be replaced, the radio sounds horible. No cup holders in the back (MAJOR inconvience) The seat belt strap cannot be used in the lowest setting, it doesnt retract and cuts my neck

I never set out to buy a Chevrolet Cruze
By southlandhb on 03/01/13 02:47 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I did not have the intention to buy this car. However, I did have the intention of test driving and exploring a broad mix of vehicles across many makes and vehicle classes. So I drove a lot of cars from Audi to Volkswagen, because like excellent Italian food- you can't know how close or how far you are until you've tasted the good stuff! That said, the Cruze unexpectedly met my expectations offering what I felt was an excellent balance of features, driving dynamics all at a very fair price.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan in VA is:

$147 per month*