2012 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews 2

2012 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
30,000 mile review
By captdavid100 on 08/15/13 04:56 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Car purchased December 2011. Trouble free since new. Main reason for selecting the Cruze 1LT was the availability of the six-speed manual transmission. Recently completed 2,200 mile road trip - average fuel burn 36.4 MPH (real - not computer). The car remains surprisingly tight, is very quiet, tracks well with no torque steer and a all and all a pleasure to drive. Because the engine lacks "punch" it takes a little getting used to when passing or entering a highway - pay attention and drive defensively. I look forward to driving the car every day and enjoy the Cruze much more than I would have thought. GM deserves two thumbs up for designing and delivering a quality vehicle.

no 40 mpg
By mspeakman on 07/10/13 20:17 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I want to report on my trip to The national parks. I put 5400 miles on my cruz on this trip, and thought I would easily get 40 mpg on the interstates, but it never happened. The computer told me I was getting over 40 on many legs of the trip, but I kept actual numbers and gallons used and the best I ever got from fillup to fillup was 39.4. This was on virtually flat highway at speed of 65 mph. On a similar leg I got 39 even. Speeds above that gave results in the 34 to 35 mpg, which I thought was pretty good. My worst leg was when I got hung up in construction traffic for well over an hour, results there were 24.4. Worst leg without problems was 32.1 mpg while driving at 75 plus mph. Later.

Love the Cruze
By beezer34 on 06/25/13 08:48 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have a Cruze LTZ with Navigation. Love the two toned interior. Had a Jetta before the Cruze and the Cruze blows it away. Better performance and nicer interior. Love it

Amazing MPG
By mspeakman on 06/05/13 19:53 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I drove my 2012 Cruze LT with automatic transmission to Niagara falls, Canada on 6/01/2013. I filled the gas in Conneaut, Ohio and drove the 147 miles to the falls. I stayed 4 days and filled the tank in Erie, Pa. on the return trip. My totals were for the one tank of gas were 267 highway miles and 165 city miles. My computer readout said I averaged 39.9 MPG. I recorded the necessary numbers and the actual mileage was 37.5. That number is for city/highway combined. That is amazing and over what the manufacturer says the car gets for highway driving alone. I will be taking a trip later this month to Utah and I will report my mileage for a tank of driving on the highway. Bet it is over 40.

Great Car
By denman98 on 05/22/13 01:12 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Have 13,500 miles on a 2012 Cruze eco. The mileage is phenomenal. Took a trip last weekend through the mountains and averaged over 50 mpg. 13,500 miles and no problems to report. The only small issue is the placement of the hot-cold dial for the climate control, the way I sit in the car my leg rests on it and sometimes I inadvertently turn it, otherwise, great car.

Nice car but sleepy
By numberguy on 05/15/13 01:41 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had my Cruze for a year now and 11,000 miles. It has been trouble free. You do get a lot of car for the money. My advice is dont get the 1.4 turbo motor as the throttle response is terrible at highway speeds. The problem is that the better 1.8 motor is only available on the LS model. I've driven both and the 1.8 is better and gets the same mileage. Sadly I plan on trade this car for one with better highway response. If you can afford it buy the Malibu as it drives MUCH better.

6500 mile review - Good value, definitely not the same as European cars
By weatherman07 on 05/09/13 17:48 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have this car because I got a very good lease. Its the 1LT with an auto. Currently 6500 miles, 7 mo. in. It s been in the shop for a thermo, and STILL has a wintertime heater issue. There are creaks and squeaks galore too, particularly with the driver's seat. But, it does get good gas mileage and has reasonable performance for an economy car. Mine has the convenience package, which has a car starter and backup sensors, which are indeed convenient. The back seat is very small. The build quality is much better than previous Chevys, but still is cheaper than my VW. The trunk liner and the door coverings are particularly chintzy. The sat radio is nice, as is the bluetooth for the phone.

By nickie3 on 04/20/13 05:04 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have been rear ended twice now and I have to say this is the best car so far on safety, hardly no damage on the bumper at all this last wreck I was in and I was hit hard all it did was scratch the paint, more damage was to the vehicle that hit me. So five stars on the safety/ build of this car! My cruze is the ECO model automatic not manual it wouldn't pull the correct one up.

Something GM got right.
By jghs16 on 04/14/13 07:53 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned honda's since 01. Decided to trade one in for a lease on a cruze. The cockpit is nice. Was overwhelmed at first by the technology. Automatic shifts smooth even though I miss my stick already. I wish the arm rest wasn't so useless. Cupholders are too small also. Both plus's from my honda civic. The quietness of the cabin is welcoming. I can see fine but sometimes I think the view could be better. Seats are kozy. Trunk is fine. Radio sounds great. Overall I am pleased with the lease. Glad I did give GM another try. Gas mileage isn't too far off from my honda either.

Things start going wrong at 35k miles
By jayleesummers on 04/02/13 18:17 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I am a home health nurse and I bought my car because it was supposed to have great gas mileage and so far I am happy with it. There is a weird noise coming from the drivers side front of the car that the service department has not been able to figure out. It idles rough at times. The service department replaced a valve cover that they said was faulty, but the car still has problems with idling. The transmission seems like it is slipping at times when I am trying to accelerate and lurches when downshifting My car has been in the shop for 5 days now for the noise and the idle. They also found a faulty water pump since it's been in there. All in all, I still love my car, just wish they'd fix