Used 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Cruze

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

I love my new Cruze
By rooney10

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have almost 4,000 miles on my car and love the way it handles and the gas mileage is great. I average 41-43 mpg going 55-60 even with the AC on. I love all of the services, Onstar and Sirius radio makes being in the car a joy. I have used Onstar Navigation several times and it's so easy, I have always arrived at the right place too. I'm still learning new things about my car it has so many features. The 6 speed transmission works great if you drive the car correctly but it did take some getting used to. I still take off too fast from time to time. I love the Autumn Metallic color and have seen many people admire my car while parked.

Favorite Features

Hands free calling is a real plus and the dealer helped me set it up with my cell phone. Having the volume for the sound system on the steering wheel is cool too! The AC and Heat is very good and I know the remote car starter is going to be great in the winter.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint is that the front seats could be a little more padded, they do seem harder than other cars I've had in the past. I find the back seats to be more comfortible of all things. At least my passengers are happy, another plus.

Great car with great MPG but if you have manual watch out for cultch problems
By smbaylor

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My husband and I bought this car on May 31st 2012. We love this car; it gets great gas mileage which was perfect for us with my husband being in the National Guard and has to drive over an hour for every drill weekend and with both of us being full time college students. Saving this much money is gas every month if great. The one problem we did have with the car is that when I drove the car to Peoria which is an hour and a half from our home it broke down about 10 miles from where I was going. I had the car set on cruse on the highway and all of a sudden the RPM's shot up and the speed started going down quickly. Mind you both my husband and I learned to drive with a manual transmission so

Favorite Features

Itís not like we were new to it. Thanks to OnStar the car was towed to a local Chevy dealership. It turns out that the cultch exploded the dealership has never seen anything like it before. It was covered by warranty so we didnít have to pay to have it repaired. But if you have one of the 2012 cruzes with the ECO Manual tranny watch out for this. It didnít give us any warning before it happened.

Suggested Improvements

Fix whatever is causing the clutches to just explode with no warning.

Super Happy with this purchase, and you will be too.
By sparkplug1990

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I looked long and hard before I decided on this car. I am GM all the way, so the other options were limited. The minute I test drove the car, I fell in love. Everything is configured right where I would have put it. I am a bit of a bigger guy, and the seats and drive are as comfortable as they could be. I stand a little over 6ft tall, and I have plenty of legroom. All of the features I needed were on this 1LT model, it fits my needs. I would have liked to get a 2LT or LTZ but I am still extremely happy with my choice.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, OnStar, hands-free calling, Driver information center in the instrument cluster, car charger in the center console as well as the USB and aux port there as well, remote link feature with the phone.

Suggested Improvements

The only bad thing that I could possibly say about this car is the fact that center console is a bit too small. Make that bigger, and I would be set.

Glad I bought the Cruze instead of a Honda Civic
By dmrock1

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

After buying the Cruze Ls model and reading the reviews I thought I made a mistake by not upgrading to the Eco 1.4 turbo model.Some reviews said the Ls got nowhere near the expected mileage.I drive approx 70 mi (mainly highway) each day to work and so far I am VERY impressed with the mileage without air I am getting 38 mpg and with air a little over 35.I'm 6'4" and alot more comfortable than if i would have bought a Civic.Understand I was driving a Dodge dakota truck everyday and spending $80 dollars a week on gas,so now you can understand my point of view.I bought the Silver met. Ice and had the windows tinted and it looks great!

Favorite Features

Car styling (looks more expensive than what it is) interior,ride and mpg.

Suggested Improvements

The car does shift odd especially when slowing down or coming to a stop but this is common from what i've read.

Just plain awesome!
By lipweb

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have a Subaru 2.5Premium which I bought for the awd, but the gas milage is horrible and it just doesn't have the power at low rpms. I also owned a Celica GTS that I traded for the 2012 Cruze Eco and not only is it zippy around town but I got 52 mpg on a, 1 & 1/2 trip - all highway - According to the computer. The ride is comfortable, Bluetooth technology is super easy to set-up & the seats are great on my back too. I do a lot of lifting all day and it feels just right to get in and out of this car. My wife loves it too. Infact so much so, that she took it over and I'm back into my 2011 Subaru. Now if I can just convince her to let me trade for another Cruze Eco.

Favorite Features

The best features are definitley the seats, but the bluetooth is super easy to set-up. Much easier than my Subaru. I like the quickness of the car. Especially around town and everything just fits right. I'm 6'1" and this car feels like it was meant for me. My wife is 5'5" and she says the same thing about her and the car. I also love the massive trunk. It has really come in handy several times. Another down side on my Impreza. Chevy really did good this time. I've always bought jap cars until I got into this. And it is the best car I've driven so far, BY FAR!!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would change on the car are the door mirrors. Sometimes they seem to get in the way when I am looking out the door.