2012 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Review: 1 year, 14k mile review

2012 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Review

LTZ Sedan (1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

1 year, 14k mile review
By 60rockstar on

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Routine maintenance only; zero problems. I purchased an LTZ RS for my son to take to college. On his trips home he is averaging 33 m.p.g. (80% highway, 20% city).

The Cruze is feels very solid, like a much bigger car, handles well, and is quiet. I drove it on a two day trip, which included 12 hours through a snowstorm (almost blizzard) across Pa and NY
the day after Christmas and it did great in the snow (on factory tires). The car was comfortable for that long of a drive, as much as anything else I have driven.

I think GM did a great job with the fit, finish, and styling. My son drove a Cobalt while in high school - the Cruze is nothing like it.

- seat heaters :) - remote start - Sirius XM radio - OnStar emails me the diagnostics so I can monitor the vehicle from 400 miles away - RS package styling with 18" wheels

-storage is rather sparse. I got the upgraded stereo which places a subwoofer in the dash so I lost that extra compartment. Why no overhead console? Sunglasses storage? Garage door opener? A more powerful engine option. How about the 220 h.p. turbo four cylinder from the Buick Regal CLX? Or at least a factory performance upgrade kit. A higher h.p., 6 speed manual, AWD, hatchback Cruze LTZ RS. Please :)

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review