2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Loved my cruze until now! beware
By rae_xo on 05/11/14 17:22 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded my piece of crap dodge avenger in for another piece of crap. thought maybe getting a chevy would give me a better piece of mind. Got my cruze used with 32k miles and ive had it for 7 months now. The gas mileage is a complete joke! Ive never gotten over 35MPG even driving highway! Lately it lags shifting gears and take a few minutes to actually do so and it has also had alot of idling problem! chugging while sitting at red lights and drive-thrus. each dealership i go to tells me there is nothing they can do about it, but ive seen so many people with the same problems! please save your time, energy, and money

Poor Fuel Economy
By romantilly on 08/27/13 18:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought the Chevrolet Cruze 1 year ago after reviewing and driving many other models. I needed something with good fuel economy because I drive 130 miles to work each way. The car was advertised at 30+ for city and 42 for highway. About 90% of my driving is straight highway miles at 75 mph with the vehicle on cruise control. My average fuel economy on highway has dropped from 32-35 to less than 30, and around town from high 20's to low to mid 20's. The car does not deliver what it advertises.

no 40 mpg
By mspeakman on 07/10/13 20:17 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I want to report on my trip to The national parks. I put 5400 miles on my cruz on this trip, and thought I would easily get 40 mpg on the interstates, but it never happened. The computer told me I was getting over 40 on many legs of the trip, but I kept actual numbers and gallons used and the best I ever got from fillup to fillup was 39.4. This was on virtually flat highway at speed of 65 mph. On a similar leg I got 39 even. Speeds above that gave results in the 34 to 35 mpg, which I thought was pretty good. My worst leg was when I got hung up in construction traffic for well over an hour, results there were 24.4. Worst leg without problems was 32.1 mpg while driving at 75 plus mph. Later.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.