Used 2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Things start going wrong at 35k miles
By jayleesummers

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I am a home health nurse and I bought my car because it was supposed to have great gas mileage and so far I am happy with it. There is a weird noise coming from the drivers side front of the car that the service department has not been able to figure out. It idles rough at times. The service department replaced a valve cover that they said was faulty, but the car still has problems with idling. The transmission seems like it is slipping at times when I am trying to accelerate and lurches when downshifting My car has been in the shop for 5 days now for the noise and the idle. They also found a faulty water pump since it's been in there. All in all, I still love my car, just wish they'd fix

Bluetooth system!!!, stereo system, trunk space for the size of the car, the inside of the car looks totally sleek and has been really fun to drive other than the problems that I have had with it.

Cupholder--cups get stuck and it's in a weird spot, emergency brake right beside it Console--too small Fabric dash--not easy to clean at all Dust--when going down a gravel road, dust comes in thru the seatbelt holes Transmission--fix the shifting problems Mystery noise--drivers front has a noise that the service department can't figure out Rough idle--idles rough when stopped and has almost died several times Storage--needs more storage, possibly pockets on the back of the seat or storage under the seat Drivers seat--a little uncomfortable

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 1.8 6 Speen Manual
By luvmy2012cruze

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Excellent car! This car trumps the competition. I have read the reviews on this car and see a lot of complaints about it, none of which I have encountered. I just rolled over 15k in it and have not had a problem. Many of the reviews I say complain about the turbo in the 1.8 LS......if they read about the car they would know that the 1.8 LS does NOT come with a turbo. Gas mileage complaints.....depends on how you drive I average 34.6 mpg and I am not easy on the car. I drive this car extremely hard and fast, average 75-80mph on the highway, but still get 430 miles to the tank. Not as powerful as the 1Lt and up models, since it does not have a turbo, but I am very very happy with it.

Bluetooth, XM, Onstar, all great features, handles like a dream! Excellent and sporty design inside and out.

Make seats more comfortable, that is my only complaint.

Good Value / Decent Mileage
By csb4

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My '12 Cruze LS gets mileage as advertised. Mileage depends *heavily* on driving style. This weekend I drove the family to Disney and got 40 mpg round trip (EPA = 38 mpg highway). Driving more aggressively, I'd get 34-36 mpg highway. Like any car, numerous factors are at play: More passengers / more gas in tank = lower mpg. Lower temperatures = lower mpg. Air conditioner = lower mpg. More uphill than downhill = lower mpg (I therefore rely more on round trip values). I have even noticed mpg variations depending on the quality of the road. Some of the comments I've read probably don't account for these variables, and the many others, that do affect mpg.

Unlike previous generations of cars from GM, the latest vehicles I've purchased from GM have had massively improved interiors. The interior "fit and finish" is exemplary.

I can't stand the key fob (not tactile / hard to manipulate the buttons in the dark). The Cruze drifts way too much on the highway ... sometimes I feel like I'm captaining a sailboat. Gas pedal and brake are too close together. I'm guessing some of these issues are a natural byproduct of the car size/type ... but I'm not totally convinced of that.

Seating is very uncomfortable
By debbieevans

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have never complained about a car but my drivers seat is the most uncomfortable seat and is causing me great pain. My shoulders are pushed forward and my neck and shoulders are in constant pain now. I will start to buy various items to try and fix the seat and I hope something will make it more comfortable for me.

Low fuel consumption is great!

Seating could be designed better.

Glad I bought the Cruze instead of a Honda Civic
By dmrock1

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

After buying the Cruze Ls model and reading the reviews I thought I made a mistake by not upgrading to the Eco 1.4 turbo model.Some reviews said the Ls got nowhere near the expected mileage.I drive approx 70 mi (mainly highway) each day to work and so far I am VERY impressed with the mileage without air I am getting 38 mpg and with air a little over 35.I'm 6'4" and alot more comfortable than if i would have bought a Civic.Understand I was driving a Dodge dakota truck everyday and spending $80 dollars a week on gas,so now you can understand my point of view.I bought the Silver met. Ice and had the windows tinted and it looks great!

Car styling (looks more expensive than what it is) interior,ride and mpg.

The car does shift odd especially when slowing down or coming to a stop but this is common from what i've read.