2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Things start going wrong at 35k miles
By jayleesummers on 04/02/13 18:17 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I am a home health nurse and I bought my car because it was supposed to have great gas mileage and so far I am happy with it. There is a weird noise coming from the drivers side front of the car that the service department has not been able to figure out. It idles rough at times. The service department replaced a valve cover that they said was faulty, but the car still has problems with idling. The transmission seems like it is slipping at times when I am trying to accelerate and lurches when downshifting My car has been in the shop for 5 days now for the noise and the idle. They also found a faulty water pump since it's been in there. All in all, I still love my car, just wish they'd fix

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 1.8 6 Speen Manual
By luvmy2012cruze on 02/22/13 08:51 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Excellent car! This car trumps the competition. I have read the reviews on this car and see a lot of complaints about it, none of which I have encountered. I just rolled over 15k in it and have not had a problem. Many of the reviews I say complain about the turbo in the 1.8 LS......if they read about the car they would know that the 1.8 LS does NOT come with a turbo. Gas mileage complaints.....depends on how you drive I average 34.6 mpg and I am not easy on the car. I drive this car extremely hard and fast, average 75-80mph on the highway, but still get 430 miles to the tank. Not as powerful as the 1Lt and up models, since it does not have a turbo, but I am very very happy with it.

Good Value / Decent Mileage
By csb4 on 01/22/13 15:59 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My '12 Cruze LS gets mileage as advertised. Mileage depends *heavily* on driving style. This weekend I drove the family to Disney and got 40 mpg round trip (EPA = 38 mpg highway). Driving more aggressively, I'd get 34-36 mpg highway. Like any car, numerous factors are at play: More passengers / more gas in tank = lower mpg. Lower temperatures = lower mpg. Air conditioner = lower mpg. More uphill than downhill = lower mpg (I therefore rely more on round trip values). I have even noticed mpg variations depending on the quality of the road. Some of the comments I've read probably don't account for these variables, and the many others, that do affect mpg.

Seating is very uncomfortable
By debbieevans on 09/22/12 01:09 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have never complained about a car but my drivers seat is the most uncomfortable seat and is causing me great pain. My shoulders are pushed forward and my neck and shoulders are in constant pain now. I will start to buy various items to try and fix the seat and I hope something will make it more comfortable for me.

Glad I bought the Cruze instead of a Honda Civic
By dmrock1 on 07/19/12 16:41 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

After buying the Cruze Ls model and reading the reviews I thought I made a mistake by not upgrading to the Eco 1.4 turbo model.Some reviews said the Ls got nowhere near the expected mileage.I drive approx 70 mi (mainly highway) each day to work and so far I am VERY impressed with the mileage without air I am getting 38 mpg and with air a little over 35.I'm 6'4" and alot more comfortable than if i would have bought a Civic.Understand I was driving a Dodge dakota truck everyday and spending $80 dollars a week on gas,so now you can understand my point of view.I bought the Silver met. Ice and had the windows tinted and it looks great!

Best Car I have ever Owned
By luvmy2012cruze on 06/26/12 09:45 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love my 2012 Cruze LS 6 Speed Manual! This car is by far the best car I have ever owned, its trumps both the Honda Civic and Honda Accord that I have owned previously. Great gas mileage, handles like a dream, and has amazing get up and go.

Known transmission issues!
By skavfive on 05/08/12 18:45 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Car rides well and looks nice, but the transmission has known issues--slow and delayed shifts, and in manual mode downshifts into first are very harsh at times. These issues were confirmed and documented by the dealership: “transmission downshifts hard in manual mode….confirmed that three like vehicle do the same harsh downshifting. Call GM TAN, case #…., GM is aware for the condition and trying to correct…called GM TAN …GM is working on a change to correct this condition.” Chevy was aware of the problem redid the software package on the LT model for 2012, but no change was implemented in time for the 2012 LS Cruze. No other automatic I have ever driven has performed as poorly.

Great little car
By conanmacmorna on 04/18/12 13:58 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my new Cruze LS for two weeks and 500 miles, and so far I absolutely love it. Coming from a long history of full-size sedans and pickups, I was expecting to be underwhelmed by the Cruze (I test-drove the Eco and LS), but it has plenty of go and the ride and handling are wonderful. Twice the fuel economy of my previous rides is a great bonus. I don't know how big the Edmunds reviewer is, but my wide self has no problem with the seats. Chevy, you've knocked it right out of the park with this model.

LS Cruze is a big disappointment!
By smokum210 on 02/14/12 09:01 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2012 Chevy Cruze LS a couple of months ago. The transmission in this car is terrible it lurches from 3rd to 4th bad. The gas mileage is not what they advertise. I only average just over 25 combined miles per gallon. The back seat is to small for my teenage kids. If you are used to a car with more get up and go get the cruze with the turbo.

Great Car for the money!!
By ginman522 on 01/03/12 11:04 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I just bought a 2012 Cruze LS w/ auto and the Connectivity Package, MSRP: $18,740.00. I test drove the 2012 Civic LX, 2011 Corolla LE(there is no 2012 version yet as of 01/02/2012), 2012 Hyndai Accent and the 2012 Kia Rio5, before I discovered the Chevy Cruze. The Corolla was the worst of the bunch, and the Cruze was the best (Dollar for Dollar on a lease), here is why: Only 2 Cons: 1. No Cruise control (LS only)

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan in VA is:

$150 per month*