Used 2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Scared for my life at 10k miles
By chevycruzeh8er

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

bought my car March 2012, been having hard shifting problems and just last month the transmission module failed completely and had to be replaced (9,500 miles). I was sitting in the car on idle and it felt like a brick was dropped into my engine with a thud, engine light came on and trying to drive it to the side was like driving a golf cart. Still having hard shifting problems, got it back from the dealership yesterday and apparently the hard shifting is a "feature" of the car, I don't even feel safe driving this car anymore because I'm scared of getting rear ended when the car hard shifts on the freeway and pulls so hard back that if there was somebody tailing me they would crash into me.

Favorite Features

convenient interior design

Suggested Improvements

fix engine and transmission problems instead of saying its a feature of the car.

2 years 44.5k mile review
By natalie14

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My vehicle is a black fully loaded ltz rs with nav. The paint has a bit of eggshell reflection so it is not the highest quality but it still looks nice and has minimal chips considering the ammount of highway driving that I do. My front seat used to make noise. Dealer tightened the bolts and replaced a clip. No squeaks or rattles after that. No mechanical problems in nearly 45k miles with only basic maintenance done on the vehicle. Ride quality is smooth and predictable. Acceleration is good enough to get on the highway with no problems and pass slow vehicles. When not stomping on the gas and driving normally the mpg is in the upper 30s to low 40s unless going up hill.

Favorite Features

The navigation brings ina new radio now known as mylink. In 2012 it has no backup camera or bluetooth for music available to it. It is also missing the apps like pandora. These things mean very little. It makes the car so much better. The overall styling of the exterior is great in my opinion as long as you get the RS package. The interior layout is nice. The materials are hard and cheap but in its class the cruze is better than the other brands.

Suggested Improvements

Add options for premium head lights like on the impala and ss. Add a luxury package for interior touches like faux wood instead of the faux carbon metal. In the luxury package add power recline and driver side memory seats. I know this gets into buick territory but I don't like the buick exterior design. It looks weird. The chevy exterior with buick insides and the bigger turbo engine would be the cats meow.

Love the Cruze
By beezer34

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have a Cruze LTZ with Navigation. Love the two toned interior. Had a Jetta before the Cruze and the Cruze blows it away. Better performance and nicer interior. Love it

Favorite Features

Navigation and performance

Suggested Improvements

Memory seat

Amazing MPG
By mspeakman

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I drove my 2012 Cruze LT with automatic transmission to Niagara falls, Canada on 6/01/2013. I filled the gas in Conneaut, Ohio and drove the 147 miles to the falls. I stayed 4 days and filled the tank in Erie, Pa. on the return trip. My totals were for the one tank of gas were 267 highway miles and 165 city miles. My computer readout said I averaged 39.9 MPG. I recorded the necessary numbers and the actual mileage was 37.5. That number is for city/highway combined. That is amazing and over what the manufacturer says the car gets for highway driving alone. I will be taking a trip later this month to Utah and I will report my mileage for a tank of driving on the highway. Bet it is over 40.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, peppy engine.

Suggested Improvements

at times the transmission is kind of jerky. rear parking sensor signal needs to be louder, or maybe even have a volume adjustment.

Something GM got right.
By jghs16

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned honda's since 01. Decided to trade one in for a lease on a cruze. The cockpit is nice. Was overwhelmed at first by the technology. Automatic shifts smooth even though I miss my stick already. I wish the arm rest wasn't so useless. Cupholders are too small also. Both plus's from my honda civic. The quietness of the cabin is welcoming. I can see fine but sometimes I think the view could be better. Seats are kozy. Trunk is fine. Radio sounds great. Overall I am pleased with the lease. Glad I did give GM another try. Gas mileage isn't too far off from my honda either.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, Radio, Quiet cabin, turbo, Gas mileage. Fullsize car feel.

Suggested Improvements

Arm rest, Cupholders, Lack of storage in the cockpit. View could be better.