2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Scared for my life at 10k miles
By chevycruzeh8er on 02/20/14 11:31 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

bought my car March 2012, been having hard shifting problems and just last month the transmission module failed completely and had to be replaced (9,500 miles). I was sitting in the car on idle and it felt like a brick was dropped into my engine with a thud, engine light came on and trying to drive it to the side was like driving a golf cart. Still having hard shifting problems, got it back from the dealership yesterday and apparently the hard shifting is a "feature" of the car, I don't even feel safe driving this car anymore because I'm scared of getting rear ended when the car hard shifts on the freeway and pulls so hard back that if there was somebody tailing me they would crash into me.

2 years 44.5k mile review
By natalie14 on 12/03/13 05:22 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My vehicle is a black fully loaded ltz rs with nav. The paint has a bit of eggshell reflection so it is not the highest quality but it still looks nice and has minimal chips considering the ammount of highway driving that I do. My front seat used to make noise. Dealer tightened the bolts and replaced a clip. No squeaks or rattles after that. No mechanical problems in nearly 45k miles with only basic maintenance done on the vehicle. Ride quality is smooth and predictable. Acceleration is good enough to get on the highway with no problems and pass slow vehicles. When not stomping on the gas and driving normally the mpg is in the upper 30s to low 40s unless going up hill.

Love the Cruze
By beezer34 on 06/25/13 08:48 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have a Cruze LTZ with Navigation. Love the two toned interior. Had a Jetta before the Cruze and the Cruze blows it away. Better performance and nicer interior. Love it

Amazing MPG
By mspeakman on 06/05/13 19:53 PM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I drove my 2012 Cruze LT with automatic transmission to Niagara falls, Canada on 6/01/2013. I filled the gas in Conneaut, Ohio and drove the 147 miles to the falls. I stayed 4 days and filled the tank in Erie, Pa. on the return trip. My totals were for the one tank of gas were 267 highway miles and 165 city miles. My computer readout said I averaged 39.9 MPG. I recorded the necessary numbers and the actual mileage was 37.5. That number is for city/highway combined. That is amazing and over what the manufacturer says the car gets for highway driving alone. I will be taking a trip later this month to Utah and I will report my mileage for a tank of driving on the highway. Bet it is over 40.

Something GM got right.
By jghs16 on 04/14/13 07:53 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned honda's since 01. Decided to trade one in for a lease on a cruze. The cockpit is nice. Was overwhelmed at first by the technology. Automatic shifts smooth even though I miss my stick already. I wish the arm rest wasn't so useless. Cupholders are too small also. Both plus's from my honda civic. The quietness of the cabin is welcoming. I can see fine but sometimes I think the view could be better. Seats are kozy. Trunk is fine. Radio sounds great. Overall I am pleased with the lease. Glad I did give GM another try. Gas mileage isn't too far off from my honda either.

My favorite car ever!
By nesreena on 03/19/13 04:14 AM (PDT)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just completed 40 thousand km in 13 months and i had zero issues with this car, it is a very responsive car with amazing features for its price and range, this is my first car to drive and I never drove before that yet it made me love driving and cruzing with it....

1 year, 14k mile review
By 60rockstar on 02/23/13 16:37 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Routine maintenance only; zero problems. I purchased an LTZ RS for my son to take to college. On his trips home he is averaging 33 m.p.g. (80% highway, 20% city). The Cruze is feels very solid, like a much bigger car, handles well, and is quiet. I drove it on a two day trip, which included 12 hours through a snowstorm (almost blizzard) across Pa and NY the day after Christmas and it did great in the snow (on factory tires). The car was comfortable for that long of a drive, as much as anything else I have driven. I think GM did a great job with the fit, finish, and styling. My son drove a Cobalt while in high school - the Cruze is nothing like it.

2012 cruze - a great value-
By mnharris on 02/13/13 14:44 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

So far so good with my 2012 Cruze. Great car on the highway, this is a huge reason why I bought it over the competition. The Cruze feels like a Lexus compared to some others (especially the Hyundai Elantra) very quiet and smooth. So far I average 33 mpg with a 50/50 mix of highway and in town driving. Nothing has broke yet (32,000k) and it feels solid and well built.

Lots of Problems
By bdawg1210 on 02/06/13 06:44 AM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My Chevy Cruze currently has 42,00 miles on it and it had been a painful 42,000 miles. I have to take my car in almost monthly to get serviced. Some of the problems I have encountered is the fan not working for the a/c and heating unit, water pump broken causing my car to leak anti-freeae making my car over heat, weird noise coming from front left tire that all the mechanics say is weird because they hear it but cant find the problem, the list goes on. I would not recommend buying any year, make, or model of the Chevy Cruze. I bought the car because I wanted to support a U.S. automaker because all the other cars I have previously purchased were foreign, but I will never buy a chevy agai

Great Value for the Money
By reviewer22 on 01/06/13 20:32 PM (PST)

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We actually are leasing a 2012 Cruze 1LT. The ride and quietness of the car are comparable to something much more expensive. The interior is equally impressive for a car that come to @ 20K with tax. You are not getting a Lexus ES350 for 20K, so let's be realistic too. This is a commuter car for us, but the back seat is just fine two kids fit just fine in their car seats. I don't know that I would want to be an adult in the back of any car in this size for any period of time. The disk/drum combo is more than adequate for everyday driving. The steering is crisp and the handling is quite good. If there is a weak spot, I would say it's the OEM Firestone tires.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan in VA is:

$144 per month*