Used 2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT Fleet Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Cruze

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Exactly what I want, Cruze RS
By Eugene Dougherty

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

2012 Cruze RS - excellent solid handing, fast enough, perfect steering, great fuel economy, and great Pioneer stereo. Its an amazing car. It gives you a perfect execution to the 90% point, which is to say that is drives well, accelerates well, is comfortable and secure but when you start to push the limits, then it lets you know its essentially an economy car. If that sounds like a criticism, its not. The car is giving you more than you are paying for - handles securely like a BMW325 until you really push it (then it just slides). It accelerates very nicely until you try to win a stoplight acceleration (a fiasco of revs, turbo lag, and shifts - just don't ever do that). Its handles very well in the snow (somehow pulls that off). I'm quite thrilled and look forward to my time in it. Previously owned Subaru, GTO, Eagle Talon, variety of other cars.

dissapointed in indy
By Carman

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I absolutely loved this car when I first bought it .. honestly I still really like it. I have 51k miles and I am on my third turbo. GM has done a poor job of fixing this issue. I am terrified to take my car out of town as I do not know when my turbo will go out again.

Great small car
By karl_swift

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I use this car on a daily basis, for both city and highway driving. I average about 35 MPH, and the cruze does not use a drop on oil, between 6,000 mile changes. Most of my driving is highway in excess of 70 MPH. The vehicle currently has over 40,000, and i have no complaints.

The turbo has lots of power and great mileage.

Could use a better seat.

Loved my cruze until now! beware
By rae_xo

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded my piece of crap dodge avenger in for another piece of crap. thought maybe getting a chevy would give me a better piece of mind. Got my cruze used with 32k miles and ive had it for 7 months now. The gas mileage is a complete joke! Ive never gotten over 35MPG even driving highway! Lately it lags shifting gears and take a few minutes to actually do so and it has also had alot of idling problem! chugging while sitting at red lights and drive-thrus. each dealership i go to tells me there is nothing they can do about it, but ive seen so many people with the same problems! please save your time, energy, and money

Poor Fuel Economy
By romantilly

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought the Chevrolet Cruze 1 year ago after reviewing and driving many other models.
I needed something with good fuel economy because I drive 130 miles to work each way.
The car was advertised at 30+ for city and 42 for highway.
About 90% of my driving is straight highway miles at 75 mph with the vehicle on cruise control.
My average fuel economy on highway has dropped from 32-35 to less than 30, and around town from high 20's to low to mid 20's.
The car does not deliver what it advertises.