2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Review: WOW.......almost perfect

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Review

WOW.......almost perfect
By whandlos on

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

3k miles on a 2LT and I am blown away. Nothing,.....I mean nothing within 10,000 bucks of this price point feels as quality as this car. Gas mileage averaging 35 mpg for one hour trip each way for work and my 6'3" 230 lbs body is comfortable all the way. This car is amazingly quiet and rivals my coworkers BMW in riding experience. No, not for power of course.......but if you buy a cruze you are doing it for the mileage. The car has plenty of pickup for passing on a two lane highway. Not so much at all off the line, as the car is programmed not to use the turbo at low speeds to save you from yourself. With the tranny software upgrade (make sure you bring it in for that), all is good

Everything interior, huge trunk, mileage. Love the fact that I actually dont have to put the seat back as far as it goes and have lots of head room even with the sunroof option. Did not think I would care about the backup sensor, but actually quite nice.

Mileage was bad till I put the tires at the 36 psi they are spec'd at. Bought the car at 32 and the sensor readout on the dash only warns at 28. I got 4 extra mpgs by riding with the proper pressure.