Worth the Look
By tat1739 on
2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Loyal Honda fan won over by Chevy! I have loved my car! Steering is responsive. Ride is nice and quiet especially for a small car. Lots of pep. Nicely appointed dash. Classy interior. Mileage has been running about 30 mpg - and this is with an average speed of about 37 mph. I typically drive more in-town. I expect to see upper 30's - 40 mpg on the highway. Yeah! Eager to get it on the road to stretch her legs. I was a "hard sell" customer - and looked at this car with a very critical eye. Drove and compared it to every comp car - just couldn't resist it, tho' I surely tried. If you want a small sedan at reasonable price, this is the car for you!
Favorite Features
Of my favorite features, the blue-lit dash is perhaps top on my list. Where I had an orange dash in the past, this is much easier to read at night. The auto-start is a treat - well worth the investment. I enjoy the multi-tone interior. (Mine is shades of gray and brown.) I really appreciate the back-up sensors because it is difficult to judge distances due to sporty angle of the trunk.
Suggested Improvements
(1) The turbo is a little sluggish when engine is cold - otherwise very responsive; (2) Rear leg-room is 'tight' but, it is a small car. Children in car seats will likely have their feet all over the back of the front seats. (3) The arm rest on center console could be larger. (4) Trunk release is on the key. I miss the interior release. (5) The gas lid should have an interior release. I don't like the easy access that others can have to my gas. Will be buying a key lock cap as soon as one is available. (5) Difficult to judge distance when backing up. Back-up sensors should be standard feature because of safety.
By cruzy
on 02/19/11 09:10 AM (PST)

As the owner of the same model (minus the back-up sensor & auto-start features & slight difference in interior) I am in TOTAL agreement with all of this reviewer's comments. I have owned a Toyota Corolla and just came out of a leased Subaru Impreza. I was about to purchase a 2010 Corolla, when last minute decided to test drive the Cruze before going to Toyota dealership. I was so comfortable & impressed with the drive & interior that I was hooked. I don't regret my sudden change of mind.