Very happy with my Cruze 2LT commuter
By rplimpton on
2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
So far, I really like this car. It's very solid with no squeaks/rattles. It corners well and has a nice on-center steering feel on the highway. Trunk space is impressive for a compact. The leather seats are very supportive and this is the first/only compact car that I can be comfortable driving (6'3", 230 lbs). The car is too new to judge mpg, but I'm getting 29 mpg combined city/hwy. (Don't expect to get 36+ mpg driving 70+ mph or if you have a heavy foot.) I find that increasing tire pressure from the recommended 35 psi (cold) to 37 psi smooths the ride. If you look closely at interior fit and finish, it's clear that GM was paying attention to them.
Favorite Features
Nice selection of technology with blue tooth, USB port, satellite radio, OnStar, etc. I like that GM added an information screen between speedometer and tachometer. The configurability of vehicle settings is very good. I test drove this car on some very harsh back roads and couldn't cause a single rattle.
Suggested Improvements
The center console needs to be redesigned. The arm rest needs more padding and is positioned too far back. Console storage is miniscule. GM could remove the little storage dish behind the gear shifter, move the cup holders forward and increase the size of the console. There's a little bit of air hiss next to the driver's ear along the B pillar. The engine performs well on the highway, but 0 - 60 acceleration could be better. Does GM have a magic wand that can add more hp/torque with no reduction if mpg? If so, they should use it because this car would be a home run with more horses. I'd trade an mpg or two for better performance and more fun to drive.