2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Review: Very, very poor gas mileage.

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Review

2LT Sedan (1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

Very, very poor gas mileage.
By disatisifiedd on

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car because of the gas mileage.and that it was the best value around. I have never got over 21 miles per gallon, and have also only gone only 255 miles on a full tank of gas. Very disappointing with the price of gas today. I also know that driving differs with each person, but at least 1/2 of my driving is on the highway (60 mph), and that I recently gave my old Elantra to my son (at 100,000 miles still gets about 30+ miles per gallon. The car is also sluggish, does not drive like a new car.

It looks good, but that's not enough.

Fix my mileage.
By johns29
on 01/03/12 10:03 AM (PST)

I also bought a Chevy Cruze due to its advertised good mileage. I drive conservatively and still get typically 35 to 40 mpg on my 2002 Chevy Prizm. With my new Chevy Cruze, if I drive at 55 with no wind on a warm day, I can get approximately 34 mpg. If the speed is faster or slower or if it is colder out, the mileage is in the 28 mpg range or less. As the winter gets colder, the mileage appears to be dropping further. The six speed transmission is not smooth and is definitely not set for good gas mileage as the RPM at the 6th gear is higher than with my Chevy Aveo in its 3rd gear (Wjich averages ~32 mpg). Unless Chevy builds a truly good gas mileage car at a reasonable price, I may be forced to switch even though I have bought Chevy's for the past 40 years.

By corydonron
on 12/23/11 19:47 PM (PST)

I purchased a New Chevy Cruze ECO and I'm not averaging 25mpg and that's my main reason for buyng the cruze. I live n the country and the road I live on has 55 mph speed limit. I try to drive for good mileage but it's not happening!