Upscale For Compact Sedan
By g6leaser on
2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I had just finished my 08 Chevrolet Malibu lease and was looking to stay with Chevy but upgrade on MPG and options. I found a great deal on an LTZ Cruze (fully loaded with nav,leather,sun roof,usb,bluetooth) and so far couldn't be happier. I'm a gadget guy and the interior dash board and controls make driving fun. The leather seats are comfortable and roomy - the rear could use a bit more room but I don't often transport passengers in the back. My only gripes so far is the delayed shifting that occurs on certain gears, not sure if there is an update to the transmission but on occassion there is a bit of hesitation, only slight. I must say that I'm impressed thus far with the Cruze!
Favorite Features
Navigation,Bluetooth,USB,XM Radio,Sun Roof,Leather Seats,Large Trunk for Compact,Decent Gas Milage
Suggested Improvements
More rear interior space, better gear-shifting ratios and less hesitation, different rear design (not a huge fan of the back-end of the car)
By g6leaser
on 03/09/11 04:46 AM (PST)

Abmwfan, Thanks for the comment to my review. It is learning my driving style, after a few more hundred miles the car is "adapting" to the type of driving with the upshifting and downshifting getting better each day - atleast it feels that way to me. Enjoying the car more and more each day, good purchase so far!

By abmwfan
on 02/28/11 16:24 PM (PST)

"My only gripes so far is the delayed shifting that occurs on certain gears, not sure if there is an update to the transmission but on occassion there is a bit of hesitation, only slight." I asked my dealer to contact GM and ask whether a transmission software update is available for my Cruze. They said no and that the 6-spd automatic in the Cruze has a learning feature that adapts to your driving style (common in many automatic transmissions). The transmission also is biased for fuel economy, so you're not going to get split second downshifts with every throttle input like in an Infiniti or BMW. They said to drive it a while longer to see if the hesitation subsides as the transmission adapts.