2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Review: Terrible Transmission!

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Review

LS Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Terrible Transmission!
By jennmck on

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Transmission shifts hard which causes you to be jerked. It's like if someone were popping a clutch and this is in automatic!!! I have had it in the shop for the recalls and the transmission has been looked at twice. The 'computer' says it's fine. It is not fine. I filed a complaint with GM and they tried to work with the dealership on putting me in something else but nothing can be done unless I want to fork over money.

Exterior (minus the chrome on the trunk area).

Recall the transmission! It is irresponsible for a company to ignore a major defect. Just because a computer tells you there is not a problem.
By sshotwell756
on 08/22/12 19:07 PM (PDT)

I know exactly what you are talking about! I've had mine checked out 3 times and they keep saying it's fine. I absolutely hate this car and regret the day I bought it. There is so many issues it would take me an hour to type them all. First chance I get to get rid of it, it's a gone! Problems with the transmission, door locks, windows rattling, ac fan, brakes and to top it off if pulls to the right and they can't seem to fix it! So fed up at this point!