Sweet, Sweet Ride
By jc_cruze on
2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
With gas prices on the rise and my '02 Cadillac STS still struggling to get 20 MPG on the daily 70 mile round trip work commute it was time to change vehicles. Although I purchased the one owner Caddy with 50K on the odometer three years ago it felt and looked like a new car. Replacing this $55K car was going to be a tough task. Then I read all the great things the experts were saying about the Cruze and decided to check it out. My wife was thrilled that I was willing to look at a new Cruze since I had been talking about used BMWs and Caddys or a new Honda Accord that would have been $10K more than she wanted to spend (she handles the household finances).
Favorite Features
We both loved the fact that we could buy a new car with all the bells and whistles for under $30K. So after taking one for a test drive I ordered a black Cruze LTZ with every option. The order was placed in Oct 2010. Production was delayed a few weeks because GM was working out some issues with the RS package, but it was definitely worth the wait. I think the RS trim changes the Cruze's appearance significantly making it look much more sporty. The Pioneer stereo which is integrated into the navigation system and it's 7" color screen is awesome. Recording your CDs to the system's hard drive is quick and easy. The sound is great across the entire frequency spectrum (great bass).
Suggested Improvements
Remote start is a great option to have when you live in Vermont with its sub zero degree mornings. I do wish the system provided more control of the remote start duration (max running time is 20 minutes (2 x 10 min). I'd also like to have more contro of the heat/fan speed settings during remote starts.