2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Review: My third & final review

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Review

2011 Chevrolet Cruze

1LT Sedan (1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

My third & final review
By tat1739 on

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I now am looking forward to selling my Cruze.
Tomorrow I will be back in the garage for a third transmission leak issue.
In addition to a water pump recall and an additional leak, and a radiator leak, and a recall on brakes, and a loose motor mount, I am officially done with this car. I remain satisfied with the interior, but feel that the exterior is looking 'dated' with new car styles coming out.
It does still get 40 mpg, when I drive on cruise, within the speed limit, on flat hwys and without cargo or passengers.
Otherwise, expect 27-32 mpg.
As a former Civic owner of 10 years without even one single issue, the car does not impress.

Dash remains impressive. Turbo charge on the 4 cylinder is a must-have; the engine will respond on sudden demands of speed. Auto start is another must have in the winter; this engine HATES cold weather!!! (My Civic, on the contrary, didn't care - it was always ready to go.) Blue tooth and bumper sensors are appreciated and should be mandatory on all cars.

The armrest remains annoying; simply put, it is too small and short. I am 5'5" and drive with my seat far back and my legs & arms fully extended - and even then, my elbow will not reach. With all the engine issues, the car is fully unreliable to me at this point. If not for this, it would be a good commuter car or round-the-town car. With cargo or even one additional passenger, the engine loses gumption; shifting becomes pronounced and labored.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review