70000 miles+ Average car
By stcornish on
2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)
I have a 2011 Cruze with 1.8L engine with automatic transmission. I have had the car in for I major issue. The transmission housing broke. Chevy replaced it under warranty. The dealer said it was something they never seen before. The good is the car is quiet and the ride is comfortable. I am needing new tires so 70000 miles is good. Also I got 3 years of oil changes in the deal so I so far have no out of pocket expenses. The bad is the fuel mileage of 27.8 ave. I was hoping for 30+. The ugly is the transmission program. It alway is going to the highest gear as fast as possible. There is a three second delay for down shifting as it finds the right gear which almost got hit.
Favorite Features
The stereo is good. The bluetooth works great with my phone.
Suggested Improvements
There is a antifreeze smell occasionally after the car warms up. I have read this in many review. The transmission shifting sequence needs to stay in lower gears longer. Chevy does this to improve gas mileage but it is dangerous when you need to accelerate quickly. There is a delay. Also the transmission shift are not smooth.