Overall Excellent car
By cruzinca on
2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)
I have had this for 3 weeks now and have been dong siginificant driving. I do a long commute and have logged about 1200 miles already. The car feels solid and quiet. handling feel very precise with minimal body roll, even at higher speeds. I am now averaging about 32.8 mpg (about 0.4 more than the computer is indicating). My last car was an 04 Maxima and I noticed lower gas mileage during the break in period so not totally unexpected. Mine is the LS model although it did come with an Auto transmission and bluetooth. Bluetooth works great and integrates nicely with the audio system. Really love this car and is still more than I expected.
Favorite Features
I love the integrated Bluetooth function. In addition it has a USB port for Ipod and it has worked great (using Ipod nano). I am tall (6' 2") and have always had trouble finding a good fit. The numerous seat adjustments give lots of control and I am perfectly seated. Finally the telescoping steering wheel is an excellent touch (my first experience with one).
Suggested Improvements
Chevy could have improved the climate control functions. Although they are aesthetically pleasing and symmetrical, the main problem is the fan speed button is perfectly blocked by the transmission gear selector, making for an awkward reach. The directional air selection buttons also could have been better as a rotary dial. As buttons, it means you have to look longer to ensure you are selecting the right button, but a rotary you could change by feel and clicks. Placing these controls higher would also help. Finally, Chevy really should have an option for cruise control on the LS model. Considering people choose this for it's gas saving qualities, cruise control is a huge benefit.
By rwmke
on 02/19/11 02:31 AM (PST)

To All Prospective Reviewers: If you have an automatic transmission, choose the "6A" model car. 6A stands for 'Six Speed Automatic Transmission.' Only if you have a manual transmission choose "6M". 6M stands for 'Six Speed Manual Transmission.' !!!