Not getting close to the mpg rating
By poormpg on
2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I have almost 3K miles on the car. I get between 24 and 28mpg. I do 85% highway driving. I am calculating this based on the amount of fuel used not the on board computer. This car will never see mpg in the 30's. I am taking it back a second time to the dealer for this issue. Either something is wrong with it or they need to be sued for lying about the mpg this car supposedly gets. I drive 100miles per day and the mpg is the only thing I care about in a car. I exchanged this for an Audi A4 quatrro which is much more fun to drive and gets better mpg... I got 28mpg with it doing the same commute. I owned the Jetta TDI before and may go back to it if I can't at least get into the 30's....
Favorite Features
I have the Navigation. I only got it because it was the only one on the lot with all the other features I wanted. Now that I have it I really like it and am so glad I got it. I recommend it if you have the extra cash for it. I love the auto start with heated seats and automatic climate control. I like the look inside and out. I do have the android app and it works fine. I don't really use it much. Got a break on my car insurance with On-star activated.
Suggested Improvements
The arm rest is not positioned to be used even if it slides forward. Transmission shifting is slow to respond. The front interior passenger lights should come on when entering the car or exiting. Only the middle dome comes on.
By chevy68
on 12/16/10 19:14 PM (PST)

I am seeing the same thing with my 1.8L LS. 28 to 29 mpg on 95% highway driving. Took it back to the dealer and they found nothing wrong with it. They said I had to wait 5000 miles for break in to see the mpg. If you believe this I have some oceanfront propery in Iowa to sell you! I always get the EPA HW mpg rating on my vehicles and this car is a bust. GM has major problems here.

By pandadisco
on 03/22/11 22:17 PM (PDT)

Do you live in a state where it's really cold? I noticed even in my old car, which was a 4.0L I got maybe 17.3 average in the winter and 23.1 average in the summer, which was mostly because gas had more alcohol in it than in summer months. Gas also matters in this, I only put premium in my cars and it honestly works. Also it matters how you drive it, if you coast then hit the gas, instead of lightly tapping to keep yourself at a constant speed it can really effect the car. I love my Cruze, and I'm getting 33+ on half highway, half city. Good luck though if your Cruze actually has a interior problem! :(

By lexan1965
on 12/29/10 07:51 AM (PST)

I've also had my 1.4l turbo cruze for over 3000 miles now. I too am only averaging 30.5 mpg on an 80% highway mile commute. I'm not happy with the mileage but the car is great otherwise!