2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Review: My Take after 2,000 miles

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Review

My Take after 2,000 miles
By madisong on

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I took delivery of my red Cruze LTZ in the brutality of our Minnesota Winter (12/15/11 - and I'm very pleased to say this car is performing flawlessly. The torque in the 20 - 50 MPH range is surprisingly strong for the 1.4 liter Turbo. The 6 speed auto tranny probably has something to do with that as well. The remote start is a big plus, especially now to warm it up and also probably later in the summer to cool it down. The only disappointment is the tighter than desirable suspension system. Could be the winter but I'm guessing the low profile tires on the larger wheels could be the reason.

This is a very attractive car (especially in red), state of the art electronics (MP3 and USB ports, Bluetooth, satellite radio, Onstar), huge trunk space, fast as my Porsche Boxster was from 0-60, corners well, good but not great gas mileage.

Need to soften the suspension a little. Maybe you call it "sport tuned," but I call it "bumpy" on the less-than-perfectly paved roads. I'm getting 26.4 MPG in an average temperature of 20-30 degrees right now. Should get better when it warms up. But I was hoping for at least 30 in my mixed freeway/town driving.