Impressed
By techman3006 on
2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Owned a Cobalt and had zero issues after 3 years, BUT traded it in after seeing the Cruze at a dealership. What a difference between the Cobalt and Cruze. The Cruze is night and day better in styling, handling, interior quality, fit and finish, etc. Even has slightly better MPH so far. Can't even believe these two cars are made by the same company. Why GM did it take you so long to put out a car like the Cruze?
Favorite Features
The bluetooth and connectivity package is awesome. Keeps my IPOD charged and can operate it from the steering wheel controls. The bluetooth is great for receiving and making calls. It synced perfectly with my phone and shows all of my contacts on the radio screen when I make a call. Should be standard equipment as the bluetooth is much safer than holding a phone to your ear. Can't get over the beautiful interior and the quality of the materials. Love the new radio and different textures in the cabin.
Suggested Improvements
Although not bad in terms of acceleration, would have preferred a slightly larger engine. Perhaps some of this is due to the fact that I'm used to "larger" displacement engines and my mind still has a difficult time believing the 1.4L engine is adequate. My opinion may change after a few thousand miles as it appears the acceleration is similar to my 2.2L engine in the Cobalt. My dealer told me the key FOB would cost over $400 to replace if I lost it. Yikes! Like the look and feel of the FOB, but that replacement cost seems absurd.