2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Review: HATE THIS CAR!!

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Review

LS Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

By sshotwell756 on

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Have had nothing but problems from day 1! Transmission, windows, doors, brakes, ac and to top it off it pulls to the right and they can't seen to get it fixed. Every single time it goes into service it's there at least a week and the last time 2 weeks. I have never had such a bad experience with a vehicle but this has ruined the excitement of buying a new car. It never even smelled new. The gas mileage sucks. I was told 28 mpg in the city and 42 on the hwy and it doesn't even come close. It's getting 20 - 22 city and 32 on the hwy. I don't know about other owners but I will never buy another Chevrolet.

It's pretty to look at but that's it.

More comfortable seats and fix the transmission!
By iboughtwhat32
on 09/13/12 12:06 PM (PDT)

I completely agree about the mileage with shotwell756. The mileage claims 28 mpg city and I am lucky to get 20-22 as well. I have a 2011 LT model that I leased and am anxious for it to end and return this vehicle. My old 1995 Camry gets better mileage. I read the reviews before deciding on this vehicle and some complained about the mileage, but I figured it was their area or driving conditions, etc. so I gave it a try. My biggest mistake. If you are looking for great mileage, do not get the Cruze. The lag and pick up from the turbo to kick in is also very disappointing. The pros, interiour black on black is nice and other amenities, and on a long road trip with no stops, enjoyable, but the around town driving and mileage - not worth it. My previous VW GTI '08 even with it's turbo and outstanding performance got way better mileage than this car. Going back to VW or another make when this Cruze lease is up!!!!