2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Review: Happy Former Japanese Car Driv

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Review

2011 Chevrolet Cruze

1LT Sedan (1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

Happy Former Japanese Car Driver
By cruzy on

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

In December got out of leasing a Subaru Impreza, test drove the 2010 Toyota Corolla & have owned a 1990 Corolla until it had over 100,000 mi. Since that was the extend of my driving experience, I did a lot of research as to what car & type to lease next.
Worried about switching from AWD to front wheel drive, I opted to go with front wheel with turbo power as a compromise.
It drove well through all the storms we had in NYC except when I had to drive up a pretty steep & snowy hill (I live in a hilly hood). The road was too slippery to drive the Cruze. This was the only time I missed the AWD.
The Cruze does roll-back more easily than I'm used to. Overall, I'm very happy with my Cruze.

Interior: (beautiful blue lit console, high & easy to adjust driver's seat, passenger seats are comfortable enough for an arthritic elderly passenger with a prosthetic hip, great radio sound system, DIC system). Drive is incredibly smooth to steer, good pick-up especially when merging onto a highway or driving up a hill.

In addition to reviewer tat1739's "Worth the Look" recommendations: 1) Have On Star as optional over standard. If don't use the costly services, the console is annoying to have because of all the space in takes up on the windshield; 2) make side-view mirrors larger and more square; 3) correct tendency to easily roll-back on the slightest of up hill inclines; 4) improve command key buttons on key fob (they're stiff to press).

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review