Expectations Exceeded
By jgenestra1 on
2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I picked up my Cruze about 2 weeks ago and the car now has over 500 miles. My previous cars have been V8 rear-wheel cars (Camaro SS, GTO, G8), but with the longer distance I have to drive to work and the increase in gas prices, it was time for a fuel-efficient daily driver. The Cruze has impressed me in almost every category. This car handles very well for a car in this price range exhibiting little to no body roll and the suspension is nicely tuned. I opted for the 17-wheels and tire package which includes the sport-tuned suspension. In addition, the Cruze drives quietly and smoothly on the highway and is very solid. On the inside the Cruze continues to impress with its interior. I am about 6ft tall and have plenty of headroom (even with a Sunroof). The seats are very comfortable and offer great support. In my opinion Chevy did an awesome job on the overall styling of the interior and it is nicely laid out and the fit and finish is exceptional for this price point. This car feels much more expensive than it is. In terms of fuel-economy the Cruze is averaging 28MPG combined city and highway driving. I expect the average to continue to improve as the miles continue to rack-up. My one minor complaint is with the 6-speed auto. I have noticed the transmission tends to “hunt’ for the right gear particularly when driving slowly. Perhaps the transmission is still “learning” my driving style. However, this is not a huge deal and the positives significantly outweigh this one minor flaw.
Favorite Features
BlueTooth, iPod integration, Pioneer Audio System, Heated Seats, Interior and Exterior design, Driving Characteristics, Smart Phone App, American Made!
Suggested Improvements
6-speed auto shift points
By disatisifiedd
on 04/26/11 12:18 PM (PDT)

My Cruze gets 20 miles per gallon.......No matter where I drive. Very disappointed.