Everynne says they like their Cruze I don't!
By rabbin on
2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)
When I first purchased my Cruze I was very impressed but before I got my first 150 miles on it. I recieved a warning light that the car needed Serviced immediately! I drove quickly to a chevy dealer and they checked it out and found nothing wrong! So as I drove it happy that it was just some kind of tech. problem! I went about my happy way! However as each mo past it was problem after anouther! Everythng from peeling paint to problems in the sensors in the seats to seats that would not slide To having to replace the cluster pannel to a computer telling me the air bags needed serviced! My first 13 mo. the car has been in the shop over13 times! and MPG's nothing as many others get!
Favorite Features
I like how it handles and drives like its looks and many of its features. But my wife and I are fearful over what else could go wrong. In 15 mo. I only have put 9000 miles on it and would love to get rid of it! To me it has been a bad investment! I know every one else in here raves about theirs but from my experience it has not been good! GM is aware of the problems with this one but so far have not been to solve the problem I now have which is fear of more problems!
Suggested Improvements
Make Sure All Cruze's come with Cruse Control! They can have mine back!
By sshotwell756
on 08/22/12 19:43 PM (PDT)

I agree with all the above! Hate this car and can't wait to get rid of it. Sick and tired of dealing with the service department only to get it back with the same problems. You are so right Wolfman, the gas mileage is horrible and they do treat you like a nut job. So done with GM/Chevrolet after this ordeal.

By wolfman9044
on 08/06/12 08:44 AM (PDT)

Isn't it amazing that you bring the car in whith a problem and they tell you there is no problem??? Really??? They did the same nonsense to me. I had tranny, idling, and gas mileage issues on my 2011 Cruze. I was told by the dealer and eventually GM that if the vehicle does not show a fault, there's nothing wrong with the car and they will not not look any further into the problem. I brought my car to the dealer 5 times and not once did any of those "mechanics" actually try to repair and/or troubleshoot the problems I was telling them about. They treat you like you're a nut job or something. I have since bought out of my lease and got an Accord. I should have got the Honda in the first place. I'm much happier and less stressed now. I'll never buy another GM product ever again.