Disappointing MPG
By vgehts on
2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
The onboard computer doesn't calculate MPG correctly. Based on records I've been keeping for the past five fill ups I am getting on average 2.5 MPG less than what the computer tells me. Each fill up is pretty much in that same 2.5 MPG ballpark. So instead of getting 32 MPG on 90% highway driving and 10% city, I'm really only getting 29.5 MPG.
Favorite Features
The styling is great. For the money this is the best looking American cars.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the onboard computer. It overstates fuel economy by 2.5 MPG.
By lexan1965
on 07/03/11 02:56 AM (PDT)

I agree with with your comments on the DIC reporting more MPG than you actually get. My experience with my car is off anywhere from 1 to 2 MPG from the manual calculation I do at every fill up. I average 32.5 PMG in my cruze...30% city, 70% highway driving, mostly flat.

By tj9924
on 07/11/11 12:38 PM (PDT)

If your Cruze is still new it will take a few miles to break in before you get a more accurate MPG. I have 20,000 miles on mine and it is within 0.2 MPG. I have the ECO model and am getting 38 MPG with about 95% highway with the cruise control set between 74 & 76 MPH.

By mike600
on 08/17/11 15:51 PM (PDT)

our gas mileage has also been below spec. we have about 5200 miles now and do not drive with the pedal to the medal... we just got back from a trip and only got about 30mpg... our first trip to texas only gave us 24mpg... but we also had winds and I had my bike on the back... allow none of my other cars have given me that poor of gas milage difference when carrying my bike.. hope as the time goes on the MPG will get close to the spec......with that said, so far 24city 30hwy... every thing else we love about the car... so far good job GM it's about time!