Cruze LTZ got it right!
By richvand on
2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I bought my Chevy Cruze LTZ Thanksgiving weekend in 2010 in Cary, NC. So I have had it for almost 14 months and almost 27,000 miles. Every week, I drive about 183 miles to Richmond, VA to work a 4-day week on a large project as a training consultant. My wife and I initially looked at Toyotas and Fords before going to the Chevrolet dealership. I have previously owned a Pontiac Firebird and a GTO, so I was initially not interested in a 4 cylinder, especially one as small as 1.4 liters. I loved it from the moment I drove it off the lot. And I am still very happy with it. 33 mpg at 79 mph (3000 rpm) on interstates. Great acceleration and not one problem with it. I highly recommend it.
Favorite Features
Acceleration. It is hard to drive conservatively. The body and interior styling is great, the trunk is enormous, the front bucket seats are comfortable, and the sun roof is fun to have. Love the turbocharger, although sometimes there is slight turbocharger lag. But when it kicks in, it feels like you are driving a V6. Of course, the 6 speed transmission helps keep up the rpms for acceleration. For new car tires, they seem to be great--almost 27,000 miles. probably at least another 20,000 to go. Very quite car--makes our Highlander sound like a bus on the highway. Great sound system. Love the OnStar and XM radio. Exellent highspeed cornering--no lean or sway at all!
Suggested Improvements
Although it is a problem with all cars that have turbochargers, try to find a way to prevent the initial slight turbocharger lag when flooring it from a standstill or sometimes when hitting passing gear. Front doors could be a little wider for easier access to the front seats. I am 6'2" tall and my head just clears the roof if I sit tall in the seat. Find a way to prevent rain water from driping into the trunk when raising the trunk lid after it has rained. The high performance tires are a bit stiff. Would recommend a slightly taller tire to give a slightly smoother ride without taking away from the sporty feel.