Chevy Cruze - After 2 years.
By tat1739 on
2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Up-dating my original review (written 3 mo. into ownership). My car is now 2 years old/28K miles. How do I feel now? Still pleased with performance. Turbo has gumption making me happy with its 4 cyl. Gas mileage is what sticker says if you are on cruise control, highway, no mts, and riding alone. I avg. 25-28 mpg, which is disappointing for small car. The arm rest console is horrible! Too small to rest forearm on. It bugs me all the time, even when armrest is pulled forward. The fan to the heating & a/c is loud, annoying, and sounds "cheap". Buttons for heating/cooling controls are too low for easy viewing. My first American-made car that I have been pleased with.
Favorite Features
1. Dash board is pleasing to the eye. 2. Turbo is essential to prevent you from feeling as if you are in a 'sick' four cyclinder car. The power has been there and immediately responsive when I needed it. 3. Blue tooth. 4. Rear sensors should be mandatory on all cars. Line of car makes it impossible to see well in reverse, so this has proven invaluable to me.
Suggested Improvements
1. Gear shift to steering wheel or on dash to allow for more substantial arm rest console. 2. Heating cooling buttons should be higher on the dash. 3. The "coin compartment" on dash should be deeper to allow for sun-glasses.