2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Review: Check Carefully Specfic Car yo

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Review

Check Carefully Specfic Car you Buy
By gozone on

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First I will say I am a Loyal GM buyer so this isnt american car bashing as was suggested by one person on another review. The specific car I purchased and others I have seen on the lot since have terrible build quality issues with the paint and body panel alignment. So far the dealer had the car for over a week and had to basically realign the body panels on the front half of the car and three doors. I didnt notice this on delivery and only came to find them when I had wind noise from a door, the front passenger/rear driver door having issues closing, the hood closing after checking oil. Inspect all body gaps and weather strips closely for gaps. There are other issues with paint.

Car does have good performance and interior styling. I am 6'2" and am comfortable in the seat thanks to the range of adjustments to the steering wheel and power seat. Like the automatic with manual shift mode idea however, there is a long lag between input on the shifter and the trans actually shifting. Trunk space is great but, back seat space a little tight for our carseat with the seats in a comfortable spot.

The lordstown plant needs to really improve quality control. I cant believe this car passed inspection. To put in into perspective the gap between the front and rear passenger door was 10mm at the top and only about 2mm at the bottom. Both way out of spec from what is called out in the service manual. Fender was similar which caused the door closing issue and hood alignment issue. Now that the dealer has had to adjust all the bolts that were factory painted and been chiped cracked, etc. Not the dealers fault and I have filled a GM complaint with customer service. I only have 500 miles on the car and about a month of ownership.