Averaging 30 mpg - I Like the technology.
By skycop21 on
2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I sold my 2008 Vette, and traded in my 05 Hummer H2 for a new Cruze. I test drove the Ford Fushion, Hyndai Elantra (twice), Honda Insight, and yes...even a Prius. I really liked the Elantra's sharp look and was enticed by the 40 mpg. I was about to pull the trigger until I drove the Cruze. It was so much quietier than the Elantra. My drive in to work is about 25 miles one way and is all highway. I needed a new hooptie that got better gas mileage than the 12.5 like my H2. In the first 800 miles, the car computer says that I'm averaging 30.5 mpg. I did the old fashioned calculator way and came up with 29.57 mpg. Not bad with the cruise set to 75. This isn't a Vette or BMW, but nice.
Favorite Features
I love the On-Star iPhone app. It is cool checking on your car and seeing your driving stats, and remotely starting the car with the iPhone is just sweet. The cruise control is fantastic, as are the rest of the steering wheel controls. Paring the iPhone with the Blue-Tooth in the car was fast and simple. It also plays DvDs while in park...nice while killing some time. I bought the RS..LOL..and I like the fog lamps. Its a fun little car to drive and is perfect for my daily commute. The interior is comfy and is doesn't take long to feel at home. Get the lighted door sills...I know..I know. I thought it was a joke too, but they are fun. Bottom line, this car is practical and fun.
Suggested Improvements
You already have a screen installed for NAV, put in a back-up camera...its going to be the law anyway. While you're at it, make it a touch screen. NAV Voice recogniton is HORRIBLE! Storage, storage, storage. The small little elbow compartment is a joke. Overall, I'm happy with my trade. You get what you pay for, and the Cruze is advertised about right.