2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Review: A Real Winner!

2011 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Review

A Real Winner!
By jtisch on

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I owned a 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid, the best car I ever owned. Someone once asked me why I bought Japanese car. I said that when an American automaker can build a car as good as my Civic I will buy it. Chevy did it with my 2011 2LT turbocharged Cruze. As a matter of fact, it exceeds the Civic in every way. I am amazed at the automatic and standard transmission of this car. Every once in a while I shift over to the manual tranny and feel like a 20-something again. I only miss the 47 mpg I got with my hybrid, but paying $6,000 less for the Cruze more than makes up for it.

More interior room, bigger trunk, all leather, XM radio, remote start, heated seats, exterior styling, dashboard storage for my TomTom GPS, dual transmissions, ultra-quiet ride, upgraded technology all around.

The stick-like ignition key is awkward to insert, automatic interior trunk release needed, inability to lock trunk when car is unlocked, interior safety gasoline cover-cap release cap release