2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:
Sweet, Sweet Ride
By jc_cruze on 03/05/11 21:22 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

With gas prices on the rise and my '02 Cadillac STS still struggling to get 20 MPG on the daily 70 mile round trip work commute it was time to change vehicles. Although I purchased the one owner Caddy with 50K on the odometer three years ago it felt and looked like a new car. Replacing this $55K car was going to be a tough task. Then I read all the great things the experts were saying about the Cruze and decided to check it out. My wife was thrilled that I was willing to look at a new Cruze since I had been talking about used BMWs and Caddys or a new Honda Accord that would have been $10K more than she wanted to spend (she handles the household finances).

Expectations Exceeded
By jgenestra1 on 03/01/11 17:02 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I picked up my Cruze about 2 weeks ago and the car now has over 500 miles. My previous cars have been V8 rear-wheel cars (Camaro SS, GTO, G8), but with the longer distance I have to drive to work and the increase in gas prices, it was time for a fuel-efficient daily driver. The Cruze has impressed me in almost every category. This car handles very well for a car in this price range exhibiting little to no body roll and the suspension is nicely tuned. I opted for the 17-wheels and tire package which includes the sport-tuned suspension. In addition, the Cruze drives quietly and smoothly on the highway and is very solid. On the inside the Cruze continues to impress with its interior. I am about 6ft tall and have plenty of headroom (even with a Sunroof). The seats are very comfortable and offer great support. In my opinion Chevy did an awesome job on the overall styling of the interior and it is nicely laid out and the fit and finish is exceptional for this price point. This car feels much more expensive than it is. In terms of fuel-economy the Cruze is averaging 28MPG combined city and highway driving. I expect the average to continue to improve as the miles continue to rack-up. My one minor complaint is with the 6-speed auto. I have noticed the transmission tends to “hunt’ for the right gear particularly when driving slowly. Perhaps the transmission is still “learning” my driving style. However, this is not a huge deal and the positives significantly outweigh this one minor flaw.

Upscale For Compact Sedan
By g6leaser on 02/28/11 04:42 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had just finished my 08 Chevrolet Malibu lease and was looking to stay with Chevy but upgrade on MPG and options. I found a great deal on an LTZ Cruze (fully loaded with nav,leather,sun roof,usb,bluetooth) and so far couldn't be happier. I'm a gadget guy and the interior dash board and controls make driving fun. The leather seats are comfortable and roomy - the rear could use a bit more room but I don't often transport passengers in the back. My only gripes so far is the delayed shifting that occurs on certain gears, not sure if there is an update to the transmission but on occassion there is a bit of hesitation, only slight. I must say that I'm impressed thus far with the Cruze!

Very happy with my Cruze 2LT commuter
By rplimpton on 02/26/11 13:34 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

So far, I really like this car. It's very solid with no squeaks/rattles. It corners well and has a nice on-center steering feel on the highway. Trunk space is impressive for a compact. The leather seats are very supportive and this is the first/only compact car that I can be comfortable driving (6'3", 230 lbs). The car is too new to judge mpg, but I'm getting 29 mpg combined city/hwy. (Don't expect to get 36+ mpg driving 70+ mph or if you have a heavy foot.) I find that increasing tire pressure from the recommended 35 psi (cold) to 37 psi smooths the ride. If you look closely at interior fit and finish, it's clear that GM was paying attention to them.

Impressed
By techman3006 on 02/25/11 10:01 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Owned a Cobalt and had zero issues after 3 years, BUT traded it in after seeing the Cruze at a dealership. What a difference between the Cobalt and Cruze. The Cruze is night and day better in styling, handling, interior quality, fit and finish, etc. Even has slightly better MPH so far. Can't even believe these two cars are made by the same company. Why GM did it take you so long to put out a car like the Cruze?

Disappointing MPG
By jrh0912 on 02/23/11 15:25 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My only complaint is the MPG. I'm getting 31 in both city and the highway. I was hoping for something closer to 40 like a previous reviewer is getting. Other than that, it's a nice car. We saved thousands compared to a hybrid.

The schizophrenic Cruse
By donrican on 02/20/11 08:07 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is schizophrenic. This is a midsized car who's convinced its a compact. I'm a big guy who used to rub shoulders with passangers in my Civic. Not any more, the cabin is spacious for a compact. This is also a sub-compact whos conviced its a compact. The 1.4 acts like its pulling a 2100 pound car and not the fully loaded Cruzes actual 3100. It should have much worse fuel economy as it does. This is a sports sedan convinced its a compact car. The handling is down right brilliant! This is a near luxury car convinced its a compact car. The fit and finish are good. None of the buttons and switches feel cheap. Leather seats are comfortable. Pioneer sound system is great. It needs a shrink!

Happy Former Japanese Car Driver
By cruzy on 02/19/11 11:09 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

In December got out of leasing a Subaru Impreza, test drove the 2010 Toyota Corolla & have owned a 1990 Corolla until it had over 100,000 mi. Since that was the extend of my driving experience, I did a lot of research as to what car & type to lease next. Worried about switching from AWD to front wheel drive, I opted to go with front wheel with turbo power as a compromise. It drove well through all the storms we had in NYC except when I had to drive up a pretty steep & snowy hill (I live in a hilly hood). The road was too slippery to drive the Cruze. This was the only time I missed the AWD. The Cruze does roll-back more easily than I'm used to. Overall, I'm very happy with my Cruze.

Surprising
By cruzeecoowner on 02/19/11 08:36 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought a Cruze eco model about two weeks ago. I can't believe I'm averaging 39 mpg in mixed driving in hill country on the first two tanks of gas. I would have been happy with 29 in the kind of driving I do in hilly terrain of SW Pennsylvania. The car does seem to kind of glide without much effort and I drive it conservatively on the highway letting it coast down hills at times around the speed limit--often having to slow it down a bit. The high range gears also pull hills better than I expected--even the 6th gear. The car is also fun to drive in the city where I work and must commute during the work week. It is quick, with more feedback and precise handling than I'd expected.

Love the car except for the fuel economy
By reggie350 on 02/17/11 21:42 PM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased a new Cruze 2LT with the disc brakes, 17 inch rims, convenience package, and spare tires. On the plus side the fit and finish are good, love the interior, ride is quiet, handles good, good looking car, a lot there for the money. On the down side the brakes are a little soft, not a true independant rear suspension, and the fuel economy is no where near the posted numbers. I drive 95% highway, mostly flat roads, at 63 mph and I get 31 mpg.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan in VA is:

$137 per month*